Used 2003 Dodge Dakota SLT Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

I Love My Dodge
By Step Col

2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I love driving my Dodge Dakota! If I had to buy another truck it would be a Dodge 6 cylinder! My only complaints are thay could have a little more seat padding, bigger glove compartment, more under backseat storage and better gas mileage! Also being better able to see lighted up dash area and radio information when the headlights are turned on and more room underneath the light between the sun visors.

tilt steering wheel, roominess, style, coloring, and dependability.

the things i listed in my review.

Best Truck I Ever Had
By Ken S

2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Sharp Looking ( RED ) Very Comfortable, No Problems just Standard Maintenance, Decent Mileage with 4.7 V8, 16 around Town 22 on trips

4.7 V8 with 6 speed Overdrive Comfortable Quiet interior Just the right size for family of 4

None

Favorite Vehicle of all Time
By Jim

2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I have the 5.9L engine and do not have 4WD so I get top of the range MPG 17 Not good but over all this is a great truck. Functional and striking good looks. I have kept the scheduled maintenance and have done nothing more to it...100% reliable. Have had two instances when I wish I had 4WD while moving around new construction site on wet ground...poor traction on RWD

looks and comfort. Great for long trips all riders very comfortable

Of Course Fuel Economy and fill up the wheel wells

Avoid 4.7 V8 engine!!!
By Stein

2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my truck for almost 6 years and have loved it until now. Over the past 6 months I've had to replace thermostat (not a huge deal) then the radiator and now I'm told the 4.7 V8 engine has a possible blown head gasket with only 88,000 miles. After finding this out I've read NUMEROUS accounts of the same problem with this engine.

Large back seat, 90 degree opening rear doors, user-friendly interior

ENGINE!!!

2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab SLT+ 2WD 3.9L
By stevew

2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

The Dodge Dakota has been a great truck for me. I originally had a '90 Dakota that was still running great at 230,000 miles. Then I joined the Marine Corps and bought the '03 Quad Cab. The only problem I've had with it was a crack in a rubber hose for the fuel EVAP emissions system - a simple inexpensive repair. After sitting in a parking lot for 7 months while I was in Iraq (twice), it ran perfectly for me when I returned (as well as after 2 one month trips to AZ.) It gets me 18 MPG (mixed) and has reached 20MPG (hwy) several times. Bottom line - I love it! I see myself driving this 1 for years to come and probably nothing but Dakotas for the rest of my life.

4 doors. Comfort. Lots of legroom and storage space. Very decent fuel efficiency. The body style. Reliability. Never had to make a warranty claim even after it sat for months on end. Clear instrument panel. Handles great. Size between full and small. Rear passenger windows fully retract.

Wish they had offered the 3.7L V6 a year earlier. Would love to drive and feel this truck with that engine. Wish the rear sliding window was powered - I can't reach it from the driver's seat (Quad Cab).

• SUV