2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
2nd Dakota
By sixatbat1 on 11/04/13 12:51 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Dakota and I love it just as much as my first one which was an 04. This on is the quad cab 4x4 slt with the 4.7 automatic. Runs great with 122k. It does everything I need it to do, whether it be hauling wood, going on a long trip, or pulling Jeeps out of the mud. Speaking of mud, it's difficult to get this truck stuck in the mud or snow. It was out in Nemo, the huge snow storm on LI in early 2013. I got through the terrible road/weather conditions with no problem whatsoever. It's a comfortable ride, and is very roomy on the inside which is great on those long trips. If you need a smaller truck that can do a full size truck's job, buy a Dakota.

2003 awd 4x4 slt, 4.7 V8 quad cab
By slufscb on 04/16/13 21:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

This is my Second Dakota. It is a good all around truck. I have over 200,000 miles on mine. I noticed my gas mileage has gone down since i have had the ball joints replaced. I get 14 mpg in the city and about 19 mpg on the hwy. Outside of normal wear of parts this truck has served me well. For an AWD truck it handles good in snow, rain and mud. I have only had to put into 4 wheel drive when I get stuck in mud. The size of the truck works well for our family, we are all 5'8" or less and the truck seems roomy to us.

03 Dakota SLT 4x4
By Tyler D on 07/16/10 09:10 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I have an 03 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (full 4 doors) with the 4.7 and 5 speed auto. Man what an awesome truck, for the money there is nothing close to it. Car will giddy up and go whenever called upon. Tows my boat with no issues and will beat anything else on the road. The only vehicle out there with a REAL v8 in a midsized truck, if it's got a 4 cylinder its not a truck! Toyota can't touch it and the ranger is too small, and in my opinion the sport trac is ugly, if you're looking for a good reliable truck get the Dakota. I average 17 mpg in mine with me stomping on it quite a bit, not bad.

I Love My Dodge
By Step Col on 06/06/10 12:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I love driving my Dodge Dakota! If I had to buy another truck it would be a Dodge 6 cylinder! My only complaints are thay could have a little more seat padding, bigger glove compartment, more under backseat storage and better gas mileage! Also being better able to see lighted up dash area and radio information when the headlights are turned on and more room underneath the light between the sun visors.

Best Truck I Ever Had
By Ken S on 04/23/10 09:50 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Sharp Looking ( RED ) Very Comfortable, No Problems just Standard Maintenance, Decent Mileage with 4.7 V8, 16 around Town 22 on trips

Favorite Vehicle of all Time
By Jim on 12/22/09 10:02 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I have the 5.9L engine and do not have 4WD so I get top of the range MPG 17 Not good but over all this is a great truck. Functional and striking good looks. I have kept the scheduled maintenance and have done nothing more to it...100% reliable. Have had two instances when I wish I had 4WD while moving around new construction site on wet ground...poor traction on RWD

Keep on Truckin'
By Tim on 08/26/09 15:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

This truck has been a steady performer. It is functional enough for light construction duty and family recreation. Our family of 3 + 1 large dog has found there is plenty of int. room and adequate cargo capacity for our road trips and camping outings. The ride is truck like, but without much road noise. There have been no major problems, but the broken emergency brake release lever and the poor seal around the gas intake pipe are annoying. The V6 provides pep and the transmission shifts smoothly. The gear shift on the steering column is a little tempermental and requires perfect placement before finding the right gear. Traction on wet pavement and snow is weak when the bed is empty.

Great Truck!
By Silver on 08/02/09 14:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I have the Quad Cab 4x4 4.7 v8. It is the best truck I have ever had, I have had no problems, and I can tow anything anywhere, and fit my whole family in it comfortably! It is a wonderful truck, and I would recommend everyone to own one.

Avoid 4.7 V8 engine!!!
By Stein on 06/02/09 09:03 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my truck for almost 6 years and have loved it until now. Over the past 6 months I've had to replace thermostat (not a huge deal) then the radiator and now I'm told the 4.7 V8 engine has a possible blown head gasket with only 88,000 miles. After finding this out I've read NUMEROUS accounts of the same problem with this engine.

Only Dakotas
By dakota dave on 08/28/08 09:23 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I have been driving Dodge Dakotas since 1993, I have had 6, 4 new 2 used. Over 400k total. these trucks are bullet proof, very reliable stylish, very roomy in the quad cab back seat. the v6 & v8 both tow my large pop up camper with no problem. the Dakota is the perfect size it is not to small & not to large. my wife drives it more than her car. well I hope this little blurb helps you out. I look forward to my next one.

1 2 3 4 5 next »