2002 Dodge Dakota 3.9L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual 5.3 ft. Bed Consumer Review - This truck wrote the book

2002 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Review

Sport Quad Cab (3.9L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual 5.3 ft. Bed)

This truck wrote the book of awesome.
By Jon on

2002 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

This truck really is great. It's really more of a people hauler, with its ridiulously massive interior that comfortably seats 5 full size adults plus a child in the front middle. Yet despite this, the 5.9L magnum has plenty of get up and go, enough in fact to send this pickup 0-60 in about 8 seconds, which isn't bad at all for a truck. It's also got plenty of torque that can pull a trailer, a bed full of whatever, and a loaded cab all at the same time. I've used it for camping, towing both cars and trailers, I've even used it to pull a tree stump out of my yard. Currently a daily driver, still going strong after about 7 years of service, only problems have been 1 or 2 recalls, nothing major.

Favorite Features

360 CI V8, 4WD, 6 seater, absolutely huge back seat, fog lamps, the sound system, full instrumentation (dash). This thing rallies around corners and burns out like mad when you plant your foot in it.

Suggested Improvements

I wish mine had leather interior, oil and tranny temp gauges would be nice, I know that there's an information system available on some of the higher end models that include a compass, fuel information(MPG, miles to 0 and so forth), outside temp. etc. Supercharge it.