Great Overall Truck
By gmax86 on
2002 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SLT 2WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)
I bought this truck in October of '05 with 53k miles on it. I now have a little over 93k on it and I haven't had any major problems so far which is to be expected on a vehicle with less than 125k and normal driving conditions. The ride is very comfortable for a pickup truck with above average handling. I also love the size, not too small and not too big. The only thing I'm not impressed with my truck is the interior could be better. It's cheap plastic. My glove box handle fell off and almost every peice of plastic has at least 1 small crack on it. But overall I love this truck. It's my second Dakota (had an '88) and I'm not sure if I'd ever get anything other than a Dakota. Dodge rocks!
Favorite Features
I love the large center console. Offers plenty of room. Also love the layout for the cupholders. More convenient than I've seen in other vehicles. I also love the tuff appearence, much sharper than the other trucks in the segemnt.
Suggested Improvements
Use better plastic for the interior. How does a glove box handle break anyways when I barely used it? Gas mileage could be better but I'm still glad I went with the 3.9L V6.