2002 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Great Truck
By big_george on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Have a '92 Dakota Club Cab and needed more room in back for my kids. The Quad Cab is perfect. Ride and handling are great, seats are confortable on long rides and cabin is pretty quiet when I leave the kids at home. Love the power of 4.7 V8 engine; have a 3.9 V6 in the '92 and that engine is weak. Both trucks have automatic transmissions. My gas milage for the V8 (14/18)is not much different from the V6 (14/19) but have to use 89 octane in the V6 to keep it from pinging. The V8 uses 87 octane no problem. Get the V8, you'll be happier.

Great truck, could be a bit better
By Rook on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

(V8 Manual) I have been taking this truck all over the south, on highways, on dirt roads, a bit off road, and I love it. Powerful even uphill, very smooth and quite silent, except at high speed when the wind noise gets a bit too loud. The bed is adequate, but I really missed the extra .7 of a foot. I liked the manual transfercase better than the electric one. I tried a toyota tundra and it felt smaller than the Dakota, and I couldn't get a manual transmission for the V8. Why do some manunfacturers take the manual transmission away from V8's??

Great truck
By Jim123 on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 2WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

This is my third Dakota. I thought I would try a Pathfinder and decided the V6 would not tow my small trailer. I went back to the Dakota Quad with the 4.7 and what a pleasure it is to drive. No problems with hills and I think the gas mileage is just as good as the Nissan V6. No problems so far and it looks great.

go dodge go
By PRJOHNS69 on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 2WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

THE V-8 OPTION IS EXCELLENT. THE FUEL CONSUMPTION IS POOR. TEST DROVE THE 6 CYL IT IS VERY WEAK. CHECK YOUR DEALERSHIP OUT. THE DEALERSHIP WHERE WE PURCHASED OUR DODGES WOULD RANK A 2 AS FAR AS HONESTY AND SERVICE.

Love my Quad
By franzia on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I had a 2000 Dakota club cab, but I needed more room in the back because my two little girls are not so little any more. I was going to by a SUV (Liberty), but once I drove the 2002 Quad cab I was sold, plus I got an excellent deal.

Dodge Dakota Quad Cab SLT
By KCKettridge on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 2WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Overall, we really like this truck for it's roominess, versatility and comfort. The Quad Cab is great for families with kids or an extra adult or two. The back seats three kids comfortably or two adults with good head and leg room. It's quite and comfortable ride are well appreciated on longer trips. Although the gas mileage could be better, giving it's weight and size, it is better than some full size, regular cab trucks.

Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 4.7L/5spd
By diirk on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

We ordered the 4.7L motor with the 5spd manual tranny. A really fun combo. We also added the LSD and towing pkg and pw/pdl/overhaed console and bed liner. A nice way to go because there's nothing you really need to add to the truck. We were able to pull our friends 22'TT without any problems and it's and older heavy model.

one tough truck
By mailman on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck for the 4 door mid- size, having kids when I need to haul. Love the way it rides, but it will jump up if you go fast over a bump, it may lose control. I have the maroon paint which looks nice, but all scratches show, so I would change colors next time. Had a linex liner sprayed in back, excellent. No problems yet, knock on wood.

Very nice medium pickup
By L.F.Hawkins on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased this vehicle for several reasons:style,comfortable (6'2")both front and rear seats,capable of being towed wheels down(behind a motorhome) and dealership's service manager (fantastic reputation for service)I have been very satisfied with the truck,although fuel mileage could be improved,and would purchase another should anything happen to this one.

My Buying Experiance
By Estatic on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 2WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I had fun picking the salesman brain and finance rep also had a few pickings from me as well. However it was the car I wanted and I got it at a really great cost. To me this car is very functional for the family and for the lugging of heavy material and equipment. I am sure I will have some good years with my new Dakota.