150K and still loving it. Dodge Rules!
By dodgeman on
2002 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 2WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)
This is my first truck, and my first Dodge product. I own a Nissan car, and this has proven to be just as reliable. I purchased this with 70K on the odometer and just clicked 150,000. I love this truck. It has proven to be the most reliable vehicle ever. I've had my share of small issues like seals on the A/C compressor ($90), resistor fan switch ($50) ignition ($200) hose leaks (due to my lack of maintenance) but it has never failed to start and drive since I've owned it. These trucks do not get the respect they deserve. I have beaten this thing down (waiting 8- 9K before oil changes, never serviced tranny, differential, filters, fluids, nothing. Just brakes, oil, tires and the key.
Favorite Features
Turning radius much better than my Maxima. Stock stereo is very nice. Spacious backseat. Reliability! Smooth shifting tranny, great sound vor a V6, sounds like a muscle car. Solid build quality and fit 'n finish, amazing paint (mineral gray) simple and functional layout, under hood space.
Suggested Improvements
Better fuel mileage! This was addressed with the 3.7L. Better ignition tumblers (apparently a common problem), power is kind of lacking, but it is a 4200 pound 4 door truck with a 175 horse v6. The 4.7 in this truck is amazing so that's Dodge's fix for my problem. Shoulda got a v8!