2002 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Dakota Review
By Kruk on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Great all around truck with mean styling and ground clearence.

Dodge Dakota Quad Cab SLT
By KCKettridge on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 2WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Overall, we really like this truck for it's roominess, versatility and comfort. The Quad Cab is great for families with kids or an extra adult or two. The back seats three kids comfortably or two adults with good head and leg room. It's quite and comfortable ride are well appreciated on longer trips. Although the gas mileage could be better, giving it's weight and size, it is better than some full size, regular cab trucks.

Truck with Comfort
By DaveO on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I have the 4.7L V8. This engine is very refined and smooth. I can't get enough of driving this truck. Its comfortable, quiet, rugged, and quick. It handles great and looks good while doing it. The infinity sound is pretty good. Very clear. This truck is roomy and fun to drive.

Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 4.7L/5spd
By diirk on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

We ordered the 4.7L motor with the 5spd manual tranny. A really fun combo. We also added the LSD and towing pkg and pw/pdl/overhaed console and bed liner. A nice way to go because there's nothing you really need to add to the truck. We were able to pull our friends 22'TT without any problems and it's and older heavy model.

I love my Dakota SXT
By Brenden Humbert on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2002 Dodge Dakota SXT single cab 2WD back in November of 2001. It has the 3.9l V-6 mated to a 5- speed manual and a 3.55 rear axle ratio. I love this truck and highly recommend it. Ive taken it on a few long trips and it is fairly comfortable. Being that I am only 18, I admit to driving this truck extremely hard. So far, it is not giving me any problems at all. Every now and then it makes some weird noises but they dont seam serious and everything has checked out alright. I love this truck! It is very fast for its weight and considering that it is only a V-6. No Ranger, S-10, or any other truck in its class can even come close to comparing.

one tough truck
By mailman on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck for the 4 door mid- size, having kids when I need to haul. Love the way it rides, but it will jump up if you go fast over a bump, it may lose control. I have the maroon paint which looks nice, but all scratches show, so I would change colors next time. Had a linex liner sprayed in back, excellent. No problems yet, knock on wood.

solid, but....
By babs johnson on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab Sport 2WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

i just purchased the club cab sport a week ago. great comfort, doesn't have that overwhelming truck feeling inside. good get up and go,however it seems to lose torque when the AC is on but i've heard this about most vehicles. great solid all around build yet a cool sporty look. but it is a gas pig!!!! and i only have the 6 cyl. otherwise good tough truck that handles the pot hole filled new orleans streets wonderfully.

Very nice medium pickup
By L.F.Hawkins on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased this vehicle for several reasons:style,comfortable (6'2")both front and rear seats,capable of being towed wheels down(behind a motorhome) and dealership's service manager (fantastic reputation for service)I have been very satisfied with the truck,although fuel mileage could be improved,and would purchase another should anything happen to this one.

My Buying Experiance
By Estatic on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 2WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I had fun picking the salesman brain and finance rep also had a few pickings from me as well. However it was the car I wanted and I got it at a really great cost. To me this car is very functional for the family and for the lugging of heavy material and equipment. I am sure I will have some good years with my new Dakota.

All that I expected
By truck fan on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 2WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

The truck is all that I expected. Great performance out of the 4.7L V8 engine. Solid feel and build. More comfortable than many sedans that I have ridden in. More than enough interior room. Mixed driving mileage around 17 mpg, therefore increased gas cost. But all in all, I love this truck and couldn't ask for more, considering it's a mid-size truck with a big engine. I had a tacoma double cab just prior to the dakota and the only thing I miss is that Toyota quality feel. Other than that, I'm happy that I ended up with the Dakota.