2002 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Great buy
By Tom on 07/10/07 19:00 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Sport 2WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this used from a private owner to replace our 1988 Dakota last November. The '88 got to where it would just die on the road. We've been very pleased with it and it hasn't given us any trouble at all, and it never gave the previous owner any trouble. It rides smooth as silk, seat is very comfortable, drives well, great truck. Plenty of space, though back seat is terrible to ride in. All in all, great buy.

I Love This Thing!!!
By LoveThisBaby!!! on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Sport 2WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new vehicle. My Previous was a 92 dakota with the v6, and boy oh boy is the V8 worth every penny. This has to be one of the fastest vehichles in production, (for the price). I wish I got the manual instead of the auto and 4wd instead of 2wd, but you can't be picky when shopping off the lot.

Where's the head Room
By urban cowboy on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Sport 2WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

25 yrs.former F150 and Ranger-fan. Dakota sport reg cab drives like a car, only on smooth pavement. I like the stiffness in the stiring, but veh. bouncing on rough roads. Some weird noises at times very unusual. Dodge engine sounds like diesel when cold. But quiets dwn when warmed up. Unlike ranger this truck has no room in cab. to wear a cap or hat. What no cosmetic add ons???

Great truck
By DerrickH on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Sport 2WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just smashed my dakota, I hit a person in the wrong at 45 mph. I walked away. I had a regular cab 4.7 v8 5spd with 3.92 and anti-spin. Cheap insurance and a truck that ran 14.8 in a quater mile stock! I will get another one since this one was totaled. No problems ever.;