2002 Dodge Dakota Club Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Lemon
By Darryl Knieff on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab 2WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had poor luck with my Dakota! It will shimmy, try to die, rattles, and has poor power on take off. I hav been told by (experts) that this is normal for this truck. Now you and I know this isn`t true. It also has major slack in the drive-train. My gas mileage is much worse than sticker showed. This is the second Dakota bought new that I have had problems with, a 93, and this 02,. Who would dream of getting 2 lemons in a row, or is this the standard for dodge. I will never own another chrysler product!

Nice truck
By victoria on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab 2WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After driving a Dodge Caravan for years, it was a little difficult to get used to the truck-like ride. However, for a truck, I think the ride is pretty good. I'm concerned about the way it handles over bumps. Could use more head-room. Seat belts are hard to put on. Nice acceleration and fun to drive.

nothing like a dakota
By sarge on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab 2WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

the dakota has the best looking design of any truck,mid-sized or smaller.the design is such that even when it is sitting still,it looks like it is in motion.the larger tires,the paint scheme,and the fender flairs really set it off.every day i thank god for that truck.there are just not enough good things to say about it.

Annoying vehicle
By Magno on 03/12/02 14:58 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab 2WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

1200 mi in 3 mo because of problems. Steering is stiff around center and very light elsewhere causes oversteer. Vehicle rolls excessively. Trans failed at 230 miles -no oil from factory. Backlash in the drivetrain and lurches at low speed. 2300 RPM power falls off then surges. RPM takes long time to drop- grinds syncros if shifted too fast. Clutch pedal has no feel-like a wet sponge. Shift light is annoying. Underpowered. Needs automatic to hide problems. Drivers mirror has big blind spot.