2002 Dodge Dakota Club Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Dodge Ain't What It Used to Be
By BK Lawson on 12/25/05 12:40 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab Sport 2WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Buying this truck was the worst vehicular mistake I've ever made in my life. In the first 6 months, the truck had more problems than the last 3 vehichles I've owned all put together! What was the most shocking was Daimler/Chrysler's "We don't care!" attitude, resulting in my having to go to a lawyer to try and get some kind of satisfaction over what has been the most unreliable, annoying, untrustable truck I have EVER seen in my life! Then, of course, the warranty- there's always a way out for them so they don't have to honor it. Cheap parts, shabby construction, little to no inspection of finished product. My advice? Don't buy a Dodge truck. They sure aren't what they used to be

'02 R/T
By Dougzilla04 on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab Sport 2WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, a decent truck. When it stays out of the shop i love it. but it has spent a lot of time there. My truck has about 32,000 miles on it now and i have to take it back for its second set of ball joints. In 2003 its spent about 3 months in the shop for mechanical and engine malfunctions. Dodge's customer service was terrible. At four different dealerships i was not allowed to get a rental car paid for which i think was wrong considering how little i got to drive the vehicle. I know a lot of people that have Dodges and dont have the number of issues that i had, but after this truck i will be going back to toyotas and/or nissans for dependablity reasons.

'02 V-8 Dakota
By Marklom on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab Sport 2WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Overall the truck is great. I did not want a huge full-size truck, but wanted a V8. I love the looks of the truck and it handles real well. It has plenty of power for a mid size truck.

solid, but....
By babs johnson on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab Sport 2WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

i just purchased the club cab sport a week ago. great comfort, doesn't have that overwhelming truck feeling inside. good get up and go,however it seems to lose torque when the AC is on but i've heard this about most vehicles. great solid all around build yet a cool sporty look. but it is a gas pig!!!! and i only have the 6 cyl. otherwise good tough truck that handles the pot hole filled new orleans streets wonderfully.

R/T Test Drive
By YO on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab Sport 2WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I dont own one, but i was able to drive an R/T model around my town for a week to see if i wanted one. This is perhaps the greatest vehicle on earth.