2002 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
I love my Dodge
By Cal on 01/08/10 15:18 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my truck since it had 27 miles on it and it currently sits at a hair below 130k. Besides the water pump going bad and it still running fine for 3 years until it finally exploded, I've had not a lick of problems. Other then the standard oil changes around 5k miles and only 2 tuneups, I haven't touched a single thing otherwise. This truck has been through hell and back and still starts at the turn of a key. 2500 lbs of block in the bed couldn't hurt this truck. Beaten and abused is the best way to put it and its still my daily driver. IF it ever dies, i will indeed be looking for my next dakota. Excellent truck. By far the best vehicle I've owned.

Good Value
By Jackneye on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my new Dakota and I am impressed so far. I was reluctant to look into a Dodge, but as I researched other trucks (mid-size & full-size), I found the Dakota to have the best value. The interior is especially comfortable and the club cab actually provides a decent amount of extra space. The ride is very car-like, and the power, although not overwhelming, is adequate. In comparison with other compact trucks, the Dodge's styling blows the competition away. All in all I am pleased with the truck and I feel I got the most bang for my buck.

I love my Dakota SXT
By Brenden Humbert on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2002 Dodge Dakota SXT single cab 2WD back in November of 2001. It has the 3.9l V-6 mated to a 5- speed manual and a 3.55 rear axle ratio. I love this truck and highly recommend it. Ive taken it on a few long trips and it is fairly comfortable. Being that I am only 18, I admit to driving this truck extremely hard. So far, it is not giving me any problems at all. Every now and then it makes some weird noises but they dont seam serious and everything has checked out alright. I love this truck! It is very fast for its weight and considering that it is only a V-6. No Ranger, S-10, or any other truck in its class can even come close to comparing.