2001 Dodge Dakota Consumer Review: You Won't be Disappointed

2001 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Review

You Won't be Disappointed
By goMSUspartans on

2001 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 2WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

My silver 2001 2WD Quad Cab with 4.7L has been a dream. I use the bed a lot more than I thought. Suggestions, get a LINE-X bed liner, not a factory plastic one. The LINE-X beds look and perform great. Also, make sure to run mid grade gas or you'll get some pinging. The higher driving position of the 4WD version is appealing but I'm still glad I got the 2WD version for a little better mileage. My console tells me I've averaged 17.1mpg overall. Definitely get the 4.7L, the 3.9 was weak during the test drive.

Exterior Styling. Good 4 person seating plus a usable bed. Fold up rear seats are handy but the seat belts tend to fall behind them when you do that.

Larger drain holes for the bed so that even the LINE-X won't plug them up. I wish I had the sliding rear window for the occasion of hauling long thin pieces of trim lumber and so on. The bed is too short for items like that.