Now, THIS is a truck!
By Eaton on
2001 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)
I have owned a 93 F150 and a 97 Toyota Tundra and this Dodge whoops em' both! The Ford was a great truck, but it was too large and ate too much gas. The Dakota is the perfect in-between size and gets decent mileage for a 4.7 V8 with 235 horses. The Toyota was an overpriced joke. Underpowered and it felt like it was going to fall apart whenever I went over a railroad track. The Dakota is extremely solid on the road and handles exceptionally well for a truck. I love the smooth howl of the 4.7 V8, the great stereo and comfy interior. I'll let you know when I find something I don't like about it, but don't hold your breathe.
Favorite Features
Tough and good looking, perfect size for my uses, handles well for a truck, great sounding stereo, comfortable & roomy interior, great guages, awesome power and all for an extremely affordable sticker price.
Suggested Improvements
Include a bed extender with it for free and make it so when you remove the ignition key, the dome light comes on so you can find things in the dark without having to open your door. Okay, I'm nitpicking, but this truck doesn't have any CONS.