2001 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews 8

2001 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Good Buy
By matty23 on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 2WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

We just bought a used quad cab Dakota and it was an excellent buy. We got the 5.9L V8 and were getting like 16.8 mpg. It also has flowmasters on it and sounds wonderful. This trucks fulfills all my needs in a vehicle. It was a great buy!

Some problems but I still love It!!
By Frank OH on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I drove my new truck home. I had it towed back to the dealer an hour later. The radiator hose came off in my driveway. I've had the heater core replaced,it leaked on the floor of the cab. I had the steering column replaced, the tilt wheel lever came off in my hand. Other then these problems I love it. Thats what warranties are for.

great truck
By rck329 on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Does everything well but fuel economy - I'm getting 15 city, 18 hwy - it is a V8 though...

Dodge Dakota 2001
By sbeals on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Great Truck. Many benefits of SUV and all the benefits of a truck. We love it. Great ride and super performance with the V8.

best truck out there
By loveeveryminofit on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab 2WD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After 36,000 mile i have on my truck still running smooth. my is a 5 speed i use my truck driving on highway and easy tour around my place. the V-6 is little weak like the chev s-10 and the ford ranger should use a little kick out of it of the v-6 gas mile not bad i getting anything 22-24 mile a gal. just cost alot money fill up the gas pump.

Enjoying it so far!
By Raceboy21 on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the truck new and have commuted in Atlanta traffic for the past 3 years in it. The ride is better than most all trucks of the same, or larger, caliber but small enough to manuver the jerks of the road. Good power range but the only draw back would be the auto-trans shifting too hard.

You Won't be Disappointed
By goMSUspartans on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 2WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

My silver 2001 2WD Quad Cab with 4.7L has been a dream. I use the bed a lot more than I thought. Suggestions, get a LINE-X bed liner, not a factory plastic one. The LINE-X beds look and perform great. Also, make sure to run mid grade gas or you'll get some pinging. The higher driving position of the 4WD version is appealing but I'm still glad I got the 2WD version for a little better mileage. My console tells me I've averaged 17.1mpg overall. Definitely get the 4.7L, the 3.9 was weak during the test drive.

Would Do it Again
By Kevin H on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 2WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

After 40K miles and 2 1/2 years, I'm still well pleased with my truck. When I purchased, the main option I considered was the F150 4 door. The Dakota styling, ride, and handling sold me. The truck is just the right size, not the lumbering giant of a full size but not the tuna can of a compact. The fit and finish are good, the 4.7 V8 is an exceptionally strong engine, and the Infinity stereo is one of the best factory systems I've heard in a truck. No major problems with the truck, although there is some backlash in the transmission that's anoying.

Great versatile Dakota Quad Cab
By dskoczylas on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

This truck has everything the typical home owner with kids needs. It has a very roomy cab which easily seats 5 people. The bed is big enough for most household chores. Plus It comes with a V8 to give it necessary power for towning and hauling. It is a blast to drive with the V8 and 5 speed, although the 5 speed is a bit noisy. Great overall truck which I would buy again.

Great Urban utility when you have kids
By billnbobbie on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Great for going to Home depot with the family(if you Credit card can stand it...) Have installed a hard toneau cover to make it a Durango with more cargo room.