2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Dakota is the best truck out there
By rayray0622 on 09/06/06 23:01 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I had a Chevy Silverado regular cab with the 350 5.7 small block, and my Dakota is much faster and hauls better. It has been nothing but a pleasure having this truck. I like to go to the beach and ride my quad, I was doing circles around other trucks that got stuck in the sand. My Dakota with a load in the back made it easily through the sand.

Best truck ever
By SUPERDAK on 10/05/05 21:17 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 2WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Best truck ever. Combination of power (4.7L V-8) and comfort. I can carry five easily with plenty of leg room. I pull a 3800lbs travel trailer and can do 55 up the steepest hills. Stability is great. Reliability has been excellent. Did have to replace the drivers side window motor/assembly at 80,000 miles.

3.9 Auto Quad Cab
By Girraween on 05/24/05 16:43 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 2WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought our Dakota brand new as our first new vehicle. We have been quite happy with the room and reliability of this truck. Because we have three girls 6 and under, we have the base model and we don't think we have suffered at all. We have traveled cross country twice with no problems. Aside from a few warranty items I have not had any major problems with this truck.

2001 Quad Cab SLT 2WD
By T Chezem on 04/19/05 23:36 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 2WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent truck overall. Dodge could do better with their fuel consumption...for the size of the truck. It gets 15 around town and 17 on the freeway; nowhere near Dodge's MPG ratings. Good cargo capacity and towing as well. Overall a great truck, just make sure you are ready for poor MPG, especially with the 4.7 V8. A well put together truck with great options and interior layout.

Excellent Truck
By Adam on 01/13/05 21:24 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 2WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this truck since it was brand new. It has been an excellent truck and hasn't given me any problems other than the ball joints, which were easily replaced.

2001 Dodge Dakota /quad 4X4
By patrick barrett on 01/10/05 20:03 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

16-17 mpg / lots of power from 4.7 v8 engine. Comfortable seating with the bench seat in front. One of the smoothest rides you"ll find from a truck with V-8 power.

Dakota 4-Door 2 Wheel Drive.
By R Hooge on 12/17/04 10:58 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 2WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I love the looks and its fun to drive if the roads are dry. Great engine, the V8 is free-revving. The expected gas mileage of 17 city & 22 highway is way too optimistic. I do not drive this vehicle hard & the estiamtes are 15% to 20% too high. Very poor traction & handling on wet roads, the Goodyear Eagles seem to have very poor traction, and I have had lots of flat tires. Corners very well on smooth dry surfaces. Really bounces around on bumpy corners, almost out of control.

My truck
By dockpepper on 12/16/04 19:50 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck to haul the family, and for my side jobs. It did both very well. The first snow fall was 16", the truck handled it like it was nothing. The gas mileage is the only thing that kills you in the pocket. Otherwise the truck is great.

2001 Dakota Quad
By tcsmpsi on 11/30/04 13:09 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 2WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

From the day one, we experienced exceptional service and pleasure from this vehicle. Driven in many different conditions, we never experienced any unpleasant 'surprises'.

Dakota
By mbalon on 11/17/04 16:47 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

2nd Dakota in a row....Would not trade unless buying another Dakota. Love my truck!