2001 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews 11

2001 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Now, THIS is a truck!
By Eaton on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned a 93 F150 and a 97 Toyota Tundra and this Dodge whoops em' both! The Ford was a great truck, but it was too large and ate too much gas. The Dakota is the perfect in-between size and gets decent mileage for a 4.7 V8 with 235 horses. The Toyota was an overpriced joke. Underpowered and it felt like it was going to fall apart whenever I went over a railroad track. The Dakota is extremely solid on the road and handles exceptionally well for a truck. I love the smooth howl of the 4.7 V8, the great stereo and comfy interior. I'll let you know when I find something I don't like about it, but don't hold your breathe.

LOVE THE DAK
By Dak Dan on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

No more Rangers for me!

Dakota Dreamin'
By Prosbo on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I always felt like I was a truck man at heart. I changed my mind after my first truck experience. I bought a small Japanese pickup back in the early eighties. Well, it took me until 2001 to try again. Now I have my dream truck, a Dodge Dakota. It rides smoother than my car. It has a great 4.7 V-8 that gives some great power for passing. It has a quiet cab and great stereo sound. The fourwheel drive works nice and easy.

happy with it
By johnny on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 2WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent truck with noticeable advantages to larger trucks. Easy to get into and use bed - lower to ground. Only drawback is 15 mpg average.

Better than a full size
By kdrp on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

This is a heck of a truck. it can pull over 6000 pounds, accelerate faster than most cars, and has room for the whole family.

Bad Quality - Nice Ride
By nwdodgeguy on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab 2WD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Been in the shop twice so far at 24,000 miles. Worst problems: 2 oil leaks from the oil pan and rear main seal, and a tranny leak from the output shaft seal. Bad hub bearing replaced.

Dakota
By Snowman on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab 2WD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Truck has worked out really well for light hauling, running around town. Rides well.

Dakota
By snowman on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

A great truck
By Lucifer on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Consumer Reports doesn't give a high rating. I have a V8 5 speed manual and find it a great truck in every regard. Had a 1995 one before and loved that one also. My other cars are a 1999 Audi A6 Avant and a 1998 530 BMW (stick shift) and I still love driving the Dakota/

Great Truck
By ADBell on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this truck for 18 months and I love it. I have taken it off-road to some very remote places and it aleays gets me there and back. It is very comfortable and the reliable 4.7L V8 has tons of power, not to mention it sounds wonderful. There is plenty of room to haul passengers too.