2001 Dodge Dakota Club Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
almost 9 years and still going strong
By dakota fan on 11/14/09 06:57 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I have owner my dakota for almost 9 years with wonderful results. It has over 181000 miles on it. replaced tires and brakes 3 times. Other tahn that 1 altenator, idler air control valve, and tps sensor. Everything replaced are wear parts. With this kind of mileage i am beyond impressed. It does have a few electrical qwerks but hey look at the miles. It has only been in the shop once at 181000 for wheel cylinders when I had all four brakes replaced. Everything else was easy to replace myself. I am not a mechanic. Iwould recommend it. Was going to buy an f150 next but will probably buy a used ram. I did buy the Dakota new.

Nothing but problems
By kris on 09/03/09 12:45 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Bought it used a year ago and have so far replaced: fuel pump, 2 oxygen sensors, catalytic converter and the automatic door lock mechanism. total so far is around $3,000 in repairs.

ill stick to the dakotas
By kots on 06/27/09 04:39 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

love the power of the 4.7 but not the gas it used up. inside the truck was fin but when the lach for the center counsle broke i had to undo the spring loaded hinge to keep it from staying open.also the radio controls on the stering wheel went out to but i used them alot.

4.7 engine bad Tranny worse
By mike on 02/14/09 08:19 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab 2WD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Truck has only 52000 miles on it. Has electrical problems and the tranny slips and jerks like there is no tomorrow. With mileage this low I should have no problems, I take very good care of my vehicles. I was extremely disappointed. I traded it in yesterday!

Love my RaiderMobile
By DaveG on 08/12/08 10:55 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I have had nothing but good luck with my truck. She's never broken down and always taken me wherever I asked her to go, I'll keep this truck forever!

Still happy after 7 years
By bluedak on 06/29/08 10:33 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Bought truck new in sept. 2001, at current have 61k on it. Love the looks, comfort, and power of the truck. It has had a small share of problems: currently on it's third set of rotors for warping and corrosion, also has had its share of electrical glitches and a power steering leak etc, but has never left me stranded. Current issues occurring now are: vib/ noise from pass front wheel, and a sticky caliper. Just problems develop as a a vehicle ages. Still love the truck, and would keep it indefinitely but I need the passenger space of a crew cab.

Great Truck
By Dan on 05/15/08 12:02 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Great truck with great reliability and power. Very fun to drive with great handling, only downfall is fuel economy. I get around 12 to 13 mpg, but other than that this is a great truck. I drove a standard cab Dakota 2wd 3.9 L V6 than upgraded to this 4wd 2 dr ext cab with a 4.7 L V8 and love it. Does very well in the snow too.

Great Truck
By CA Snyder on 10/29/06 08:37 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab 2WD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck in 2002 and it had 11,200 miles on it. I've owned a lot of trucks both foriegn and domestic, and this is a great truck. Other than normal wear and tear there have been no problems. I replaced rotors, brake pads and changed transmission fluid and filter at 58,000 miles.

2WD Extended Cab SLT Dakota
By John on 05/26/05 13:53 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab 2WD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Has been a great truck, and other than normal wear parts,(brakes, tires, etc...) I have had nothing wrong with it. Still drives like the day I got it.

Lemon
By Scottf on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this truck new in 2001. repairs to date: paint peeled off wheel flares, steering column, steering rack, intermediate steering column, four ball joints, tie-rod end, front pads & rotors, computer, rear bumper(rusted out), driver seat tracks, radio. I don't think I went more than a month without a visit to a dealership. What a poor excuse for a truck.