2000 Dodge Dakota Consumer Review: Most Dependable Truck I've Eve

2000 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Review

Sport Extended Cab Pickup (3.9L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Most Dependable Truck I've Ever Had
By Dependable Truck on

2000 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Traveling from coast to coast with an average of 30,000 miles a year, I now have no choice but to let people know of my Dakota that I purchased new that now has 193,000 miles on it. I have the 4.7 engine and it's by far the most dependable thing I've ever owned. I've done nothing but regular maint this whole time and it has never let me down or had any issues. I've used the 4wd many times in the snow and mud. I've hauled trailers that were over weight, yet not even the transmission has given me a lick of trouble. My last Dodge which was a ram 1500 had 348,000 when I traded it in. I hope to get this many on this Dakota.

I love the smooth locking 4wd capabilities. The best room of any mid- size pickup. The best hauling and towing of any mid-size truck too.

Although this 4.7 gets better fuel mileage than the 5.2 magnum did, it's still not the best with my 3.55 axle ratio I get 19 on the hwy and 14 in town.