2000 Dodge Dakota Consumer Review: Dakota 4WD

2000 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab - Consumer Review

Dakota 4WD
By james on

2000 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

The 2000 model Dodge Dakota is a nice powerful little truck. The truck that I have has the upgraded 4.7L V8 option. The independent front suspension was not designed to greatley. I own an ATV which is older and has same type of suspension and takes way more abuse than my truck and has still outlived it and outdone it. The small V8 doesn't have the enough stock power. After I added dual exhaust and a K&N upgrade, it performed more to my approval. The 4wd needs to come with extra stock lift like the full size 4wd's. The transmission I have is a standard, and it doesn't have the strangth to handle the V8's power. A heavier duty transmission is a must, possibly even a 6-speed.

My truck came with a KC light and light bar package. I especially liked this feature. The shift on the fly 4wd was also nice with no hubs to get out and lock. The posi-tract rear end was also great. All of the power options was also a great feature.

The rear seat needs some kind of storage behind it, not just underneath. I would prefer a little bit wider truck. Also maybe a little more leg room in the front seats. I think the V8 needs a little more stock power.