2000 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews 8

2000 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
One of My 2 Dakota 2000 Quad Cab Trucks
By rhudman on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota SLT Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

I own two of these trucks. They were bought in Dec 1999. Both have been driven on long vacation trips from Texas to Florida. The Sport has a 4.7 Liter V8 which is easy on the gas and very peppy. The other is a SLT with a 5.9 Liter V8 and the full towing package to enclude towing capacity to 9000 lbs. As could be expected the gas milage is not as good as the smaller V8's and V6's but it is very powerful and extremely stout.

RT is for ME
By jlen on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota R/T Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

This Sport-Truck is all encompassing! It performs and handles like a Vette; but with the utility of a truck! A 360 engine stuffed into a Dakota..ahh the possibilities!!!! As a woman driver I can appriciate the stealth of "just another Dakota"! But look out brother when I come alongside!

2000Dakota
By gwashy on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Sport Plus 2dr Extended Cab SB

Up to this point, I have had only positive experiences with my 2000 Dodge Dakota. The Magnum V6 engine in conjunction with the handling package and wide tires has had plenty of power for hauling anything in the bed of the truck. I have had no warranty issues outside of getting the windshield wipers replaced. I look forward to continued performance from this vehicle.

love my dakota
By maverick on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota SLT Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

This truck has preformed great from the day I drove it off the lot. Have not had one bit of trouble. I do not have the limit -slip rear end, I know people who do and they have lots of trouble with there Dakota.

love my dakota
By Maverick on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

sucks gas and eggs too
By GM_Bound on 04/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

2 drive shafts replaced. rack & pinion steering replaced. Tranny recall, spewing fluid all over the engine. 3 door locks failed, 4th one is now starting to fail. computer reprogrammed, Radiator fan relay stuck in the RUN position, would not turn off, not to mention that the local dealer gives me a PURPLE neon as a loaner with $1000 deductible that I am responsible for. Other than the list above, it was dependable ( haha ).

The truck I needed...
By Juan F on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've only had my truck for a week but I already know this was the truck for me. I bought this 2000 with only 12k miles. It still has the new car smell. I was looking for something with 4wd and a V8 so I could haul my motorcycle and use to plow with in the winter. This truck is perfect for me because it has great power from the 4.7 liter and all the features you would find in a car but the utility of the pick up bed. For all those owners who complain about the fuel consumption you should have bought a hybrid car. I feel this is one of the meanest looking trucks out there, really who is intimidated by a Nissan Frontier.

4.7 liter V8 QuadCab
By Jynxie on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB

Very comfy! A very stable truck to drive your kids around in.

nice try mopar
By rim on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB

I liked it because it was a mid-size truck, however it drives like a full size and suck gas like a full size truck. The brake is below what I expected. The Good-year eagle rs is already showing signs of wear after 25k on them. The windshield wiper blade left the vehicle after two years. Even though it was almost never used (living in so. cal, no rain). Nice try dodge, how bout using some quality parts.

Good Looks, Bad Brakes & Gas
By Pmcd on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Had Chevy before and Dodge rides rough compared to GM truck. Springs squeak when making sharp turns at low speeds and brakes seem to grab from time to time. Looks great but rides luck a dump truck.