2000 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Excellent Mid-size Truck
By hmrhed1 on 06/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Sport Plus 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I liked the looks as soon as they came out. I finally got one and I'm glad I did. It's been a great running truck for the 2 years I've owned it. Comfortable, quiet and even at 6'4", I have plenty of room. I drove both the 4.7L and the 5.9L and decided on the smaller V-8. It has plenty of power for my uses, which doesn't include towing...yet.

Fast , Fun and Reliable
By louis carson on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Sport Plus 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This trck was fun fast and reliable to drive. Is was one of the safest trucks I have ever driven.

Should have gotten the V8
By JayB77 on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB

If I had to do it over, I would buy this model truck only with the V8. The pickup on the highway is somewhat lacking in the V6, with only 2 adults riding. The fuel economy ratings are almost the same between the V6 and the V8, so it would have been worth it. Otherwise I have been extremely happy with it! It is fun to drive and looks fantastic with a good wash and wax! I am actually thinking about getting a cap to make it like an SUV rather then have to give it up for a trade.

Great Homeowner's Truck
By Homeowner-Commuter on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB

Perfect for commuter/homeowner. Estended cab is "just right" for most trips and jobs. Long distance driving is a little rough after the first 8 or 9 hours. V-6 gives more than enough power and pretty good mileage, good looking, very reliable. If I ever have to let this one go, I'll buy another Dakota to replace it.

I,ll miss that truck
By Thomas Ivey on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

Very good truck really enjoyed it. Had it all, 5.9 V-8, Four door with plenty of room. Handle well, around 19 mi. per gal on the hiway. I,ll truly miss this truck.and 4WD.

Got what I asked for
By CBorg on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

During the first year there were several recalls issued which I took care of during regular maintence cycles at no extra charge, and I've had only had one major fault since that had to be addressed at my (partial) expense - the differential had something internal go bad which caused a vibration. My service contract had a $200 deductible which I had to pay. It's been very comfortable and useful to me with few exceptions.

Excellent
By cterry on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have had no problems with this truck. Use it daily for a country paper route of 79 miles per morning and love the gas mileage. Also use it for my small farm. Will tale 28 bales of hay and 1,000 pounds of cattle feed with no problems but have been told I need to get heavier duty shock absorbers for the cattle feed by my mechanic. Handles very nicely.

2000 Dodge Dakota
By jmbudde on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota SLT Plus 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

The only thing that I do not care for in this truck is the fuel economy. The truck fits my lifestyle and what I need it to do. The interior is roomy and comfortable for the over all size.

Excellent Dakota
By Threezs on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB

I have had nothing but great experience with my Dakota. With the 4.7L V-8 and only the 2 wheel drive, it has become the family car. With 3 kids, we have taken it all over for vacation. I would definintly buy another.

Dodge the king of truckville
By Todd.S on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

I have had my 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad cab for almost two years now and I have put on about 64,000 mi. on her with out a hint of a problem. At work I use her for hauling cases of beverage and parts, at home I use her for hauling the family and a trailer from Long Island to NJ, & PA. So I spend a lot of time in the truck,and I find the ride is smooth and quiet. My Dakota probably has the least cabin noise of any small pick up I have driven. OH YEA! It's fun to drive on the weekends (especially when the kids in there little 4 & 6 cylinder rev. rockets pull up) In my opinion the best value / Bang for your buck bar none!