2000 Dodge Dakota 3.9L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - 00 Dodge Dak 3.9L ext

2000 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab - Consumer Review

2000 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

00 Dodge Dak 3.9L ext cab 2wd
By Matt on

2000 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have owned this truck from 00 to present. This has to be the best vehicle I have ever purchased. I have had this truck in the garage once for the check engine light. The problem was a faulty gas cap. Other than routine maitenance...I have not had one problem! (knock on wood). Nice ride for a truck. I am thouroughly displeased with the 05 design. Looks like the new Mitsubishi Raider is going to be my future purchase...same truck with better warranty.

Favorite Features

Ride comfort. I'm 6'2", cabin fits me very comfortably...long trips don't wear me down. Controls are easy access, not a cluster of buttons to blow the optic nerve. I enjoy the simplicity. Plenty of cargo space in the bed. Infinity radio system cranks w/limited distortion.

Suggested Improvements

Stock front brakes stink. I have replaced pads with ceramic. The squeal is gone. I wonder if they should have used bigger rotors? The paint job was pretty shoddy. Another coat of paint prior to clear coat would have done the trick.