2000 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Useful and Reliable
By mrish on 03/21/11 18:28 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab SLT Plus 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought my 00' Dakota SLT 4.7 v8 4x4 brand new in 2000. It currently has 195k miles on it and runs great. Doesn't burn oil, doesn't smoke, and doesn't even have an oil leak. The only problems I 've had is 2x freeze plugs, 2x speed sensors, and one oxygen sensor. I've pulled a Kubota 4wd tractor, a Massey Ferguson, and pulled a fullsize truck on a trailer 300 miles. The 4WD has worked great and the limited slip rear diff. has got me out places that other 4x4's couldn't. I've taken care of it mechanically and used semi-synthetic oil every 5k miles. I would buy this truck all over again with question.

It's a good truck
By rbc1965 on 07/27/10 14:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab Sport Plus 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this truck new from dealer with 1.5 miles on it for $19,000.00 Cash. My Dodge is dependable. I crashed it pretty bad once and had the dealer fix it ($6000 for repairs). After 10 years it still drives like a new truck & has NEVER stuck me anywhere. I have owned A 75 Ford Courier, A 90 Mazda B2200 and this Dodge. The 1975 Ford was the best. The 2000 Dodge is second best. The 1990 Mazda was the worst. I have kept up the tune up's and oil changes and have never had a problem with it yet. The interior is a bit cheap with plastic parts(I broke the plastic Parking Brake Release Handle & Cup holder). Other than that I am very happy with the truck.

BUY A DODGE DAKOTA
By zwzach on 02/02/10 22:33 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab Sport Plus 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck because I was looking at trucks in its class like the Toyota Tacoma, Ford Ranger and Nissan Frontier. But nothing compares to this truck, my truck has the 4.7 v8 all I have to say is I am very impressed with the power and the styling of this truck it is a sweet ride. I did buy a cold air intake and a chip for this truck for $630.00 and i think it will unleash the real Dakota in side and should help with the fuel economy factor so anyways buy a dodge Dakota I really think you will love it just buy with a 4.7 or 5.9 i think you will enjoy it a bit more.

123k and runs like new
By Tim on 07/31/08 15:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab SLT Plus 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is the best truck I've ever had. It handles, rides, brakes, and looks great. I had only had Chevy's before and hated the Anti-lock brakes, but love the Dakota's brakes.This truck rides at least 10 times better than the Chevy and has a lot more power than the Chevy did, and I went from a 4.3 Chevy to a 3.9 Dakota. The only thing I don't like is the fuel economy, but not so bad I would go back to Chevy. Don't know if I'll ever buy another Chevy.

No lack of power
By fla cruser on 07/28/08 18:23 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab R/T Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

Good looking truck, handles very well, its quick, no major problems fuel mileage could be better

Needs Improvements
By Barnell on 06/16/08 18:48 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my 2000 Dodge Dakota Sport 3.9L on October 12th 2007. The first two to two and a half months it was ok. Then I started noticing that the power steering would go out from time to time. My oil pressure would drop for no reason. Last, I noticed in the morning, when I would first start to drive it, it would get stuck in second gear and I would have to coast until third kicked in. Gas Mileage on this truck is HORRENDOUS. I'm not sure if itÂ’s the quality of Dodge or if it was the owner before me, but I know I would probably not tell any one to buy this truck. But on the plus side, the body and style is awesome.

Fantastic Little Truck
By Good Truck on 10/26/07 08:20 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is my second 4wd with a v8 and it has not dissapointed. I will always buy Dodge trucks from now on. I pull a 6000lb boat with no trouble at all.

Most Dependable Truck I've Ever Had
By Dependable Truck on 09/03/07 04:37 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab Sport 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Traveling from coast to coast with an average of 30,000 miles a year, I now have no choice but to let people know of my Dakota that I purchased new that now has 193,000 miles on it. I have the 4.7 engine and it's by far the most dependable thing I've ever owned. I've done nothing but regular maint this whole time and it has never let me down or had any issues. I've used the 4wd many times in the snow and mud. I've hauled trailers that were over weight, yet not even the transmission has given me a lick of trouble. My last Dodge which was a ram 1500 had 348,000 when I traded it in. I hope to get this many on this Dakota.

Best Truck Ever
By Nutt on 05/04/07 23:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is a great truck. Nothing but normal tune up stuff done. Never had a problem from .3 miles to 159,000 miles. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Oil Pressure Problems
By geroge on 04/08/07 00:05 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

I've had a Dakota for a few years now and what seemed to be a good vehicle has turned into a dog. Even with regular oil changes it seems this truck will drop it's oil pressure for no reason. A quick search on the web tells me I am not the only one this has happened to. The 3.9L engine is a sludge factory. Now, we all don't have the ability or oppurtunity to pull over when something like an unexpected drop (to 0) in oil pressure occures, so just imagine the amount of engine damage that can occur. Isn't it a lovely sound to hear my engine knock. Not only would I avoid Dodge but any Diamler/Chrysler product.

1 2 3 4 5 next »