Used 2000 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

Useful and Reliable
By mrish

2000 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab SLT Plus 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought my 00' Dakota SLT 4.7 v8 4x4 brand new in 2000. It currently has 195k miles on it and runs great. Doesn't burn oil, doesn't smoke, and doesn't even have an oil leak. The only problems I 've had is 2x freeze plugs, 2x speed sensors, and one oxygen sensor. I've pulled a Kubota 4wd tractor, a Massey Ferguson, and pulled a fullsize truck on a trailer 300 miles. The 4WD has worked great and the limited slip rear diff. has got me out places that other 4x4's couldn't. I've taken care of it mechanically and used semi-synthetic oil every 5k miles. I would buy this truck all over again with question.

4.7 v8 towing and performance, handling, and reliability. I get 70-80k miles on a set of tires.

Seating needs improvement, sound systems could use better speakers.

It's a good truck
By rbc1965

2000 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab Sport Plus 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this truck new from dealer with 1.5 miles on it for $19,000.00 Cash. My Dodge is dependable. I crashed it pretty bad once and had the dealer fix it ($6000 for repairs). After 10 years it still drives like a new truck & has NEVER stuck me anywhere. I have owned A 75 Ford Courier, A 90 Mazda B2200 and this Dodge. The 1975 Ford was the best. The 2000 Dodge is second best. The 1990 Mazda was the worst. I have kept up the tune up's and oil changes and have never had a problem with it yet. The interior is a bit cheap with plastic parts(I broke the plastic Parking Brake Release Handle & Cup holder). Other than that I am very happy with the truck.

Extra Long Bed, Extra room behind the front seat.

Reposition the tie down points in the bed. Add tie down points in the bed. Invent a locking system for the tailgate. The tailgate can be stolen too easy.

BUY A DODGE DAKOTA
By zwzach

2000 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab Sport Plus 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck because I was looking at trucks in its class like the Toyota Tacoma, Ford Ranger and Nissan Frontier. But nothing compares to this truck, my truck has the 4.7 v8 all I have to say is I am very impressed with the power and the styling of this truck it is a sweet ride. I did buy a cold air intake and a chip for this truck for $630.00 and i think it will unleash the real Dakota in side and should help with the fuel economy factor so anyways buy a dodge Dakota I really think you will love it just buy with a 4.7 or 5.9 i think you will enjoy it a bit more.

styling, v8, 4x4, what the heck everything.

cant think of anything

123k and runs like new
By Tim

2000 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab SLT Plus 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is the best truck I've ever had. It handles, rides, brakes, and looks great. I had only had Chevy's before and hated the Anti-lock brakes, but love the Dakota's brakes.This truck rides at least 10 times better than the Chevy and has a lot more power than the Chevy did, and I went from a 4.3 Chevy to a 3.9 Dakota. The only thing I don't like is the fuel economy, but not so bad I would go back to Chevy. Don't know if I'll ever buy another Chevy.

Stiff frame, handling, brakes, style, ride, and performance.

Fuel economy.

No lack of power
By fla cruser

2000 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab R/T Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

Good looking truck, handles very well, its quick, no major problems fuel mileage could be better

Great looks, reliable, fast.

fuel mileage and paint did not hold up