2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Dakota Quad Cab 4.7L
By Mike7642 on 11/03/09 19:06 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

I first bought this truck out of practcallity. Room plus towing. After a few simple mods I found myself with one powerful machine. Its hard to keep the foot off the gas with such a sleek truck with power to spare. I have since bought a 2009 Laramie and while totally impressed with it, I miss my Dakota.

Good Truck
By sean on 07/31/08 02:12 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

This has been a really great truck to have. I get about 25 MPG on the highway. I would advise not driving in the city as it chugs gas in crowded SoCal City roads. Ive hauled 1 trailer and didn't even notice any difficulty with the V-6. I run an aftermarket exhaust and people think I have a V-8 and want to race.

Dodge has the power
By SLT magnum on 12/22/06 03:51 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

The Dakota demands respect. Acceleration is instant and commanding. The beauty and style are remarkable and I get a lot of positive comments on my taste in vehicles.

Dodge the king of truckville
By Todd.S on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

I have had my 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad cab for almost two years now and I have put on about 64,000 mi. on her with out a hint of a problem. At work I use her for hauling cases of beverage and parts, at home I use her for hauling the family and a trailer from Long Island to NJ, & PA. So I spend a lot of time in the truck,and I find the ride is smooth and quiet. My Dakota probably has the least cabin noise of any small pick up I have driven. OH YEA! It's fun to drive on the weekends (especially when the kids in there little 4 & 6 cylinder rev. rockets pull up) In my opinion the best value / Bang for your buck bar none!

Happy First-time Dodge Owner
By SAMetzger on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

In my first 16 months of ownership I am still very happy with my purchase! The ride has remained smooth, fuel economy constant, integrity solid, and interior durable. On a 5,000 mile camping trip to the mountains it provided all the reliability, functionality, and comfort that I could have asked for. The 3.9L V-6 is not the strongest motor available but adequate for acceleration needs (even loaded) and light towing.