2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
2000 Dakota Quad Cab
By marine64 on 10/25/07 06:53 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab SLT Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

The 2000 Dakota Quad Cab with hard shell topper was just what I wanted. It handles well in all sorts of weather. The 4.7 ltr. engine has plenty of power and get up. Only gets about 15-16 mpg in town and may 18 highway. I put a duel exhaust system on her which boosted power a bit and gives it that big truck sound. I'll certainly buy another Dakota in a few years

Not my idea of a car
By enrique on 08/11/05 00:21 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab SLT Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

My model of the Dakota has constantly made a grinding sound at high speeds when moving towards the left. Also, it occasionly pulls to the right. The car is pretty nice but mostly the only thing wrong is the gas mileage that it trails. it is horrible. A semi gets better. It doesn't have much horsepower but it does the job. Also, I tried pulling out a tree with small roots and the car had trouble. I believe that my 95 Isuzu Trooper would have been more competent for the task.

Dodge Dakota Quad Cab V8
By JC on 05/21/05 03:27 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab SLT Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

Great vehicle overall. Used mostly for trips to the local Home Depot but can still comfortably seat 4 for family trips. Plus package with 4.7 V8 and wide tires makes for plenty of acceleration and good handling. Fun to drive, quick and sure-footed.

2000 Dodge Dakota
By ealflyer on 12/20/04 14:07 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab SLT Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

Wanted a crew cab style truck. Looked at all of them and settled on the Dodge Dakota. It came with all the bells & whistles that I wanted. I've been very happy with its versitility. I can lig just about anything. The vehicle runs great with that big 4.7 V8 in it. Fuel economy could be better as I'm getting about 16 mpg other wise I'm happy

It's been a great Truck
By sidestick on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab SLT Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

Love my Quad Cab. Not too many problems to speak of. Would reccomend it to anyone who wants a good truck that is fun to drive. Lots of low end power.

Could be better
By kjfitzia on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab SLT Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

I had a 1997 Dakota Club Cab - should have stuck with it, but wanted the four door. Initial quality low - bad leaf springs, paint missing inside doors. Std Detroit trick of cheaping parts and removing options to keep price in line. SLT+ pkg in 97 came with alarm system, same pkg in 2000 didn't. Did have prb. with limited-slip - fixed under warranty, hasn't come back. Warped rotors at 10k, was told to expect further problems due to poor airflow.

One of My 2 Dakota 2000 Quad Cab Trucks
By rhudman on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab SLT Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

I own two of these trucks. They were bought in Dec 1999. Both have been driven on long vacation trips from Texas to Florida. The Sport has a 4.7 Liter V8 which is easy on the gas and very peppy. The other is a SLT with a 5.9 Liter V8 and the full towing package to enclude towing capacity to 9000 lbs. As could be expected the gas milage is not as good as the smaller V8's and V6's but it is very powerful and extremely stout.

love my dakota
By maverick on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab SLT Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

This truck has preformed great from the day I drove it off the lot. Have not had one bit of trouble. I do not have the limit -slip rear end, I know people who do and they have lots of trouble with there Dakota.

love my dakota
By Maverick on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

BAD DODGE
By Chris Wesendorf on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab SLT Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

DON'T BUY ONE!! I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH MY VEHICLE. iT STILL HAS A VIBRATION THAT IT'S HAD SINCE DAY #2.