2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Excellent Truck
By Eric on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

Bought my Dakota new in Nov. '00, 10 yrs later and it's still going strong. Absolutely the best truck I've ever owned. Been cross country 4 times and it's comfortable for the long trip. My only complaint is the mileage is lower then I wold like, but then again, I bought the big V8 for the power and reliability. It's been both, 114K miles, engines never been torn apart, religious maintanence, it's been driven hard and still looks, runs, drives like new. Recently passed Colo. emissions at near perfect levels, with a superchips tuner active at the time.

BEST TRUCK YOU CAN HAVE
By Woods10 on 12/12/09 11:22 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I'm 17 and My dakota is amazing!! I love it!! It has the 4.7 V8 and NO lack of power thats for sure! i have 3in of lift with 33x12.50 mud kings and people are always amazed in how much mud this truck will go through!! Only thing i want to change is the front seats. i want to make it a six seater with the flip up console. i just don't know where to find it.

Dakota Quad Cab 4.7L
By Mike7642 on 11/03/09 19:06 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

I first bought this truck out of practcallity. Room plus towing. After a few simple mods I found myself with one powerful machine. Its hard to keep the foot off the gas with such a sleek truck with power to spare. I have since bought a 2009 Laramie and while totally impressed with it, I miss my Dakota.

Good Truck
By sean on 07/31/08 02:12 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

This has been a really great truck to have. I get about 25 MPG on the highway. I would advise not driving in the city as it chugs gas in crowded SoCal City roads. Ive hauled 1 trailer and didn't even notice any difficulty with the V-6. I run an aftermarket exhaust and people think I have a V-8 and want to race.

The best truck i have ever owned.
By Bill O on 03/10/08 04:43 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

This is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. The engine is very strong and it's great in the snow. Annual repair cost for me is under a $100. All I really do is change the oil, rotate the tires and give it a tune up every 4 years. The only big expense was I needed to do was put rotors and new brakes on the truck.

Comfort and Power
By Great Ride on 02/13/08 10:20 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab SLT Plus 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I bought the 00 Dakota Quad cab with its 5.9L V8 in November of 2000, brandnew with 140 miles on the ODO. I've since put 60000m on the truck without any major issues. Heated sideview mirrors were replaced under warranty. Right side passanger widow regulator died and had to be replaced. Recent leak in the cooling system fixed with a hose replacement. Otherwise this truck has performed wonderfully for the past 8 years. I've pulled a boat, 5 people and the bed filled with camping gears over the pass with no problems. I've hauled 50 foot of fencing material, tons of gravel, you name it. This is the family truck to own. It's also stylish enough that wife and I drive it to the opera and ballet.

Great until 100k miles
By Melissa42781 on 01/07/08 10:28 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I bought my Dodge in 8/04, 3 months later I got pregnant. The truck was great with a baby, though no room for all the stuff that goes with a kid. The power is great, I pulled someone out of being so stuck that the rope broke. Gas mileage was terrible. Once my truck reached 100k miles it basically pooped on me. it was one thing after another. to make a long story short I had to get rid of it. I could not afford to keep fixing it and paying the car payment. No one knew what was wrong with it. But other than that I loved it.

2000 Dakota Quad Cab
By marine64 on 10/25/07 06:53 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab SLT Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

The 2000 Dakota Quad Cab with hard shell topper was just what I wanted. It handles well in all sorts of weather. The 4.7 ltr. engine has plenty of power and get up. Only gets about 15-16 mpg in town and may 18 highway. I put a duel exhaust system on her which boosted power a bit and gives it that big truck sound. I'll certainly buy another Dakota in a few years

Great Truck
By Mike on 02/16/07 17:48 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

Bought this truck used in '05 with 64,000 miles and have loved it ever since. Now has 94,000 on it and only problem I've had is a hub bearing went bad. I do drive this truck hard at times and it has never let me down. Love the size and comfort. Fits two baby seats in the back and still has enough room for a small adult to fit back there comfortably.

Dodge has the power
By SLT magnum on 12/22/06 03:51 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

The Dakota demands respect. Acceleration is instant and commanding. The beauty and style are remarkable and I get a lot of positive comments on my taste in vehicles.

1 2 3 4 5 next »