Used 2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

Excellent Truck
By Eric

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

Bought my Dakota new in Nov. '00, 10 yrs later and it's still going strong. Absolutely the best truck I've ever owned. Been cross country 4 times and it's comfortable for the long trip. My only complaint is the mileage is lower then I wold like, but then again, I bought the big V8 for the power and reliability. It's been both, 114K miles, engines never been torn apart, religious maintanence, it's been driven hard and still looks, runs, drives like new. Recently passed Colo. emissions at near perfect levels, with a superchips tuner active at the time.

Favorite Features

everything

BEST TRUCK YOU CAN HAVE
By Woods10

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I'm 17 and My dakota is amazing!! I love it!! It has the 4.7 V8 and NO lack of power thats for sure! i have 3in of lift with 33x12.50 mud kings and people are always amazed in how much mud this truck will go through!! Only thing i want to change is the front seats. i want to make it a six seater with the flip up console. i just don't know where to find it.

Favorite Features

after the exhaust system was put on, the sound is my favorite and how well it handles and how powerful it really is. People are always surprised how much power it really has

Suggested Improvements

none, the only thing i wish i could change is the front seats like i said..i want the flip up console that turns in to a sixth seat. other than that its an amazing truck

Dakota Quad Cab 4.7L
By Mike7642

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

I first bought this truck out of practcallity. Room plus towing. After a few simple mods I found myself with one powerful machine. Its hard to keep the foot off the gas with such a sleek truck with power to spare. I have since bought a 2009 Laramie and while totally impressed with it, I miss my Dakota.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling as well as interior. But, the power.

Suggested Improvements

The new Dakotas should revert back to the 2000 body style. It is one sexy looking truck.

Good Truck
By sean

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

This has been a really great truck to have. I get about 25 MPG on the highway. I would advise not driving in the city as it chugs gas in crowded SoCal City roads. Ive hauled 1 trailer and didn't even notice any difficulty with the V-6. I run an aftermarket exhaust and people think I have a V-8 and want to race.

Favorite Features

Manual Transmission, plenty of room for family.

Suggested Improvements

better city mileage.

The best truck i have ever owned.
By Bill O

2000 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

This is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. The engine is very strong and it's great in the snow. Annual repair cost for me is under a $100. All I really do is change the oil, rotate the tires and give it a tune up every 4 years. The only big expense was I needed to do was put rotors and new brakes on the truck.

Suggested Improvements

Longer warrenty enen though I took the extened, I wished it was longer