Used 2000 Dodge Dakota SLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Dakota

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

Great Homeowner's Truck
By RICK

2000 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is a great truck for the family who has a home to maintain. With 70k miles, I've replaced tires, front hubs and brakes, battery, and gas cap. Reliable and economical (19-22 avg. MPG). I have a bed liner and cover which have served well. The jump seats are great for young people or short trips as well as letting you lock up purchases. With the V-6 I've never had a power problem with heavy loads. Seats are comfortable for "long trips".

Favorite Features

Seven year old truck that still looks pretty good, drives well and gets better-than-average mileage. Virtually no mechanical problems except that I had to replace hubs due to a bad wheel bearing.

Suggested Improvements

Better quaity control on paint. I'm going to have to have the roof repainted soon as the primer is showing through.

Never Again
By frankli1

2000 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is probably the worse vehicle I've ever owned!!! The rotors have been replaced 3 times.The steering pump, belt tensioner,water pump,both O2 sensors,coil and an assortment of less serious parts have all been replaced, mostly at my expense. Dodge refused to warranty anything after 36000 miles. I will never again buy a Dodge product no matter how good looking.