Used 2000 Dodge Dakota Sport Plus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Dakota

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

Dakota Quad Cab 4.7L
By Mike7642

2000 Dodge Dakota Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

I first bought this truck out of practcallity. Room plus towing. After a few simple mods I found myself with one powerful machine. Its hard to keep the foot off the gas with such a sleek truck with power to spare. I have since bought a 2009 Laramie and while totally impressed with it, I miss my Dakota.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling as well as interior. But, the power.

Suggested Improvements

The new Dakotas should revert back to the 2000 body style. It is one sexy looking truck.

Good Truck
By sean

2000 Dodge Dakota Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

This has been a really great truck to have. I get about 25 MPG on the highway. I would advise not driving in the city as it chugs gas in crowded SoCal City roads. Ive hauled 1 trailer and didn't even notice any difficulty with the V-6. I run an aftermarket exhaust and people think I have a V-8 and want to race.

Favorite Features

Manual Transmission, plenty of room for family.

Suggested Improvements

better city mileage.

Dodge has the power
By SLT magnum

2000 Dodge Dakota Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

The Dakota demands respect. Acceleration is instant and commanding. The beauty and style are remarkable and I get a lot of positive comments on my taste in vehicles.

Favorite Features

Cruise, 5-speed transmission, gauges, comfort.

Dodge the king of truckville
By Todd.S

2000 Dodge Dakota Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

I have had my 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad cab for almost two years now and I have put on about 64,000 mi. on her with out a hint of a problem. At work I use her for hauling cases of beverage and parts, at home I use her for hauling the family and a trailer from Long Island to NJ, & PA. So I spend a lot of time in the truck,and I find the ride is smooth and quiet. My Dakota probably has the least cabin noise of any small pick up I have driven. OH YEA! It's fun to drive on the weekends (especially when the kids in there little 4 & 6 cylinder rev. rockets pull up) In my opinion the best value / Bang for your buck bar none!

Favorite Features

TROUBLE FREE!!! (oil change & go.) Great Looks, Fun to Drive Plenty of room in the cabin for family and the mobil office.

Suggested Improvements

Drivers seat could be a little more comfortable for larger drivers.

Happy First-time Dodge Owner
By SAMetzger

2000 Dodge Dakota Sport Plus 4dr Crew Cab SB

In my first 16 months of ownership I am still very happy with my purchase! The ride has remained smooth, fuel economy constant, integrity solid, and interior durable. On a 5,000 mile camping trip to the mountains it provided all the reliability, functionality, and comfort that I could have asked for. The 3.9L V-6 is not the strongest motor available but adequate for acceleration needs (even loaded) and light towing.

Favorite Features

The quad cab feature combined with an adequate bed size have been what I've needed. The easy fold-up back seats provide great interior space.

Suggested Improvements

None.