Used 2000 Dodge Dakota Sport Plus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Dakota

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

It's a good truck
By rbc1965

2000 Dodge Dakota Sport Plus 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this truck new from dealer with 1.5 miles on it for $19,000.00 Cash. My Dodge is dependable. I crashed it pretty bad once and had the dealer fix it ($6000 for repairs). After 10 years it still drives like a new truck & has NEVER stuck me anywhere. I have owned A 75 Ford Courier, A 90 Mazda B2200 and this Dodge. The 1975 Ford was the best. The 2000 Dodge is second best. The 1990 Mazda was the worst. I have kept up the tune up's and oil changes and have never had a problem with it yet. The interior is a bit cheap with plastic parts(I broke the plastic Parking Brake Release Handle & Cup holder). Other than that I am very happy with the truck.

Favorite Features

Extra Long Bed, Extra room behind the front seat.

Suggested Improvements

Reposition the tie down points in the bed. Add tie down points in the bed. Invent a locking system for the tailgate. The tailgate can be stolen too easy.

No Value
By newpwrsol

2000 Dodge Dakota Sport Plus 2dr Extended Cab SB

Even after I said I would never buy an american made veichle I was forced to after the terrible high resale value of a Toyota. I got the truck and have been very impressed with everything but the value. I got the truck just over a year ago for 14,500 and now i am begging someone to take on trade if for 8000.00. This is why I'll never buy american again.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

No much they can do about Value

2000Dakota
By gwashy

2000 Dodge Dakota Sport Plus 2dr Extended Cab SB

Up to this point, I have had only positive experiences with my 2000 Dodge Dakota. The Magnum V6 engine in conjunction with the handling package and wide tires has had plenty of power for hauling anything in the bed of the truck. I have had no warranty issues outside of getting the windshield wipers replaced. I look forward to continued performance from this vehicle.

Favorite Features

The handling package with the 3.55 differential. 4-speed shifts cleanly and the ride is smooth and comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Usability of the instrument panels are not robust. Instruments move around in their assembled configurations. This makes the inside seem cheap.