1999 Dodge Dakota 2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Dodge Dakota 1999 ext. cab

1999 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Review

Dodge Dakota 1999 ext. cab sport
By broncos4zak on

1999 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

Basically I bought this truck knowing I drive about an hour each way to work and needing something comfortable, reliable, and decent on gas. All of that has happened. I made some mods in order to get 20mpg from this V-6, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, and Flowmaster exhaust. Issues have been tranny rebuilt at 63,000, cat at 110,000, front hubs at 130,000, and 2 outboard speed sensors. I bought this truck with 59,000 and currently have 145,000+ on it. Overall a good truck, could have better gas mileage, better tranny (more reliable and better shift points), and more ponies. Love the handling, traction is pretty good for 2wd, interior layout is good.

Favorite Features

Styling is excellent, good handling at any speed, good ride, mpg is fair for a V-6, decent power for a V-6 in a truck of this weight.

Suggested Improvements

Make a transmission with steel gear in tailshaft (91-at least 00 had aluminum), better mpg (maybe 25mpg hwy), better paint (been a problem for 20 yrs now), move distributor to front of engine.