My 99 V6 Dakota
By thetrurocker91 on
1999 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Regular Cab LB
Ok. Well I've read everyone else's reviews and I have to beg to differ with some of them. I have a 99 Dakota V6 Sport with the long bed and standard cab. I took out the back seat to put stereo and have dual Gibson exhaust, Airaid Cold Air Intake, and 20" rims on 45 series tires. The power for a V6 on big rims and tires, I think is great. I can still do a decent brake stand! Although, even with all the modifications, the gas mileage is still horrible. I average around 10 mpg and 12 on a cold day. I perform routine maintenance and it has never given up on me. Ride quality is that of a Buick, even with the rims! Overall, I give it a 8 out of 10. Even though I already have 140,000+ miles on it!
Favorite Features
The ride quality and power of the V6 for the size of the truck. Pretty good hook up and plan on dropping in 360 V8 for more performance. Also going to convert to HHO hybrid for better gas mileage.(HHO made through electrolysis) Approx. minimum increase of 40% mpg increase.
Suggested Improvements
Just the gas mileage and maybe a little better paint job. Very thin. Parts made cheaper too! That would definitely be nice!