1999 Dodge Dakota 2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - A great pickup

1999 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab - Consumer Review

A great pickup
By DakotaSport on

1999 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

If you're in the market for a mid sized truck the Dodge Dakota is an excellent choice. I disagree the unhappy reviews. Most people don't write reviews if they are satisified. I've had my truck for over a year, and although I have replaced a few things, the truck's overall performance and features well make up for the repairs you may need to do. The truck's size is far less bulky than that of the full size p/u, and allows for easy parking in most situations. The truck's ride, power, and curb appeal are all excellent. Prevenitive maintence eliminates numerous problems listed in other reviews. The Dakota's interior build quality far exceeds that of many other manufacturers, I.E no rattles.

Favorite Features

318 V-8 provieds excellent power and (with good driving habits)respectable fuel mileage. The NV231 transfer case, smooth engagement. Very comfortable interior. Interior build quality. Features of the interior. Very easy to work on when repairs are needed. Trucks curb appeal and oveall looks.

Suggested Improvements

The 8.25" backlash seems to be set too loose from the factory. The stock heater core does not provide very good heat (the replacement part is 3times the size) The ball joints everyone complains about should be greasable, but most people would not grease them, which is why Dodge opted for sealed ones.