Used 1999 Dodge Dakota R/T Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

A great truck
By scott251

1999 Dodge Dakota R/T Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

I had a solar yellow r/t and it was a great truck. That thing had tons of power and was pretty fast. I never had any issues with it. I drove great, was comfortable, parts were cheap, looked great, an all around good truck. It had 142,000 miles on it when I sold it. I sold it due to the gas mileage and gas prices but I miss that truck everyday and plan on getting another soon.

The looks of it. Power

Made it with a manual transmission.

Dakota R/T
By harold powell

1999 Dodge Dakota R/T Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

Very nice vehicle. I had a Chevrolet S10 prior to this vehicle and the Dodge beats it in every catogory. The big V8 make the truck a real sleeper and will out run most of the foreign junk. As long as there are American vehicles like this, I will never go foreign.

The 360 cubic inch motor. It is one boss machine. There are very few trucks that can run with it, outside of the very high dollar speciallity trucks. But it is not a garage bunny like like most of its competetors. You can thrash to heck out of it and it asks for more. Extremely realiable.

The seating has never felt comfortable. I replaced the orginal covers with Katzshin leather, but the seating position just isn't right. I can never really get comfortable. I had it for over five years but just cant get use to the seats. It needs to be redesigned.

Don't Drive it in the Rain!!
By 6290

1999 Dodge Dakota R/T Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

As I titled it, no traction in the rain. As I approach 25K miles with the original Goodyear tires, what will help my traction in wet weather? Probably nothing. Even with weight in the back, still cuts loose with light pedal. Zero problems except the catalytic converter quit 2K ago. Replaced for free and a cheap glove compartment latch that broke the first week I had it.

Power and Looks.

Get rid of cheap 5.9 R/T decals. I did, and put my own on that I choose. Blue with yellow decals. Also Gray racing stripes that matched the tires exactly.