1998 Dodge Dakota Consumer Review: There's no replacement for dis

1998 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Review

R/T Sport Regular Cab Pickup (5.9L V8 4-speed Automatic)

There's no replacement for displacement
By pete on

1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

First of all, let me say, this is my second Dodge Dakota. And I have enjoyed this one just as much as my first. Second, to anyone who wants a truck that will always outperform not only the competition but your own expectations, this one is for you! My Dakota has exceptional ride and handling, especially for a truck with a short wheel base. The interior is comfortable with more leg and head room than other compact trucks, and me being 6' 2" that means alot. Also, I can certainly vouch for the reliability having put 142,000 combined miles on both my trucks. The only repair I've had was replacing a blower for the a/c once. However, the best feature of all... horsepower lots and lots of it!!

5.9 litres of v8 in 3700 pounds of truck. a responsive shifter and a clutch that is responsive and comfortable, not numb and lifeless. The lumbar support is nice as well.

The only flaw I can think of is where the cup holders are. They're right behind the shift knob so if your drink is too tall 2nd gear will knock it in the floorboards