1998 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
There's no replacement for displacement
By pete on 10/07/05 15:25 PM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

First of all, let me say, this is my second Dodge Dakota. And I have enjoyed this one just as much as my first. Second, to anyone who wants a truck that will always outperform not only the competition but your own expectations, this one is for you! My Dakota has exceptional ride and handling, especially for a truck with a short wheel base. The interior is comfortable with more leg and head room than other compact trucks, and me being 6' 2" that means alot. Also, I can certainly vouch for the reliability having put 142,000 combined miles on both my trucks. The only repair I've had was replacing a blower for the a/c once. However, the best feature of all... horsepower lots and lots of it!!

The R/T is in a class of its own
By R/T Flies on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

You here people saying never drive in the rain. MAinly because they cant keep there foot out of it. This truck flies when the road is dry. What can u expect with a 4200 pound truck thats rear wheel drive and has most of its wieght in the front(large engine). The body style is supior to all other pickups in its class.