1997 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
I LOVE THIS TRUCK
By JOSH CORBIT on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I LOVE THIS TRUCK

excellence on wheels
By pibound on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is the second Dakota that I have owned (first was an 88 model). Both were excellent performers and maintenance free other that the scheduled maintenance.

My Dodge
By Miles on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Looks great, even got a complement on it at a tire service center today. Brakes are weak link, and had to have serpentine belt idler replaced.

front ball joints
By ken pittman on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

love my dakota but disappointed when i had to replace all 4, upper and lowers ball joints with under 50000 miles. this was about a 500 dollar job and one i felt unnecessary because chyrsler put under size ball joints on in the first place.

Very nice for the money
By bmwbiker on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I've had this truck for four years and I have not had one major mechanical breakdown in all that time. I have the V6 w/ a 5-speed so it gets easily 24mpg on the hwy and 18 in town. It has enough power to tow my Harley and also enough payload to move heavy antique furniture on more that one occasion. It has a shell and a bed extender which make even better.

Dakota is a great truck
By Scotar on 03/06/02 23:27 PM (PST)

1997 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

V8 is a necessity, a lot of power with it. Interior is very comfortable. Ride and handling are very good with new tires, just good with worn tires. This vehicle is terrible in 2 wheel drive on snow and rain for accler. Fuel economy is the worst for this size truck. I avg 13 mpg and nothing is wrong with the truck. Infinity stereo sounds pretty good as stock. After 30K miles I have not had a single problem. I have had 1700 lbs in the bed several times with no problem.