Another Dodge lemon... What a pc of POO!
By Whammo77 on
1995 Dodge Dakota 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB
I got this truck NEW & have always had problems with it. The motor runs good but has no power whatsoever (this is the "MAGNUM" v6 model). Having a towing package on this thing is a waste of money. The thing is slower than slow. A Geo metro 3-banger can outrun this turtle. My 4 cylinder Sentra looks and feels like a race car compared to this truck! But that's the good news. I now have 122,000 miles on it, and I am yet again about to put in another transmission! This will be transmission #7! No, I don't pull trailers. No, I don't go off-roading! No, I don't haul heavy loads! All this truck is used for is to drive to and from work! I baby the heck out of it! What a pc of dog poo!!!
Favorite Features
Well, having 4x4 is nice... downside to that is you need a working transmission to use it! I do love the look of the truck and always have. I like the cabin, other than the overhead light placement. With a V8 Chevy or Ford motor and transmission, this thing would ROCK!!!! As is, it sucks.
Suggested Improvements
Get a better transmission!!! This is JUNK! I have to replace the transmission every 9400 miles (every year and a half at the minimal rate I am driving it). On top of that, get better paint. Improve MPG... I only get 14 MPG with this pc of crap. Biggest improvement: Close down Chrylser!!!