1995 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
great truck
By yankeeinthemud on 05/04/08 19:15 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I had bought the truck with 114,600 miles on it, and now have a lil over 153,900. All I had to do with it was replace the battery, and the radiator. Though now it is due for an alignment. Overall though this truck has had the snot worked out of it by me, and the previous owner. It is fitted with the Reese 3/4 hitch so it can manage 7500 lbs though I wouldn't attempt this without making sure yours is properly prepared for it. Mine has built with the tow package and 42rh trans giving it the towing ability. Off road the truck doesn't know the word stuck and has pulled other trucks w/trailers out of soft sand with a/t tires. I'm debating about fixing up this one, or getting another, ill probably fix

Great Truck!
By zclary923 on 04/05/08 03:31 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I absolutely wish I would have just fixed the minor mechanical issues on my 95 instead of trading it for my 06 which was an expensive rip off compared to my 95. My Dakota had the 3.9L v6 which is by no means a powerful motor but it ran well and it proved reliable. The exterior styling and overall build quality of the 1995 Dakota and the 1992-1996 Dakotas in general to me is better than any of the newer iterations of the Dakota. The interior was plush with options for a 1995, and it actually had a good amount of storage space in it unlike my 2006 which is probably the most useless ext cab ever built. The 1995 Dakota is a good truck, I highly recommend if you are looking for a used truck.

Great Truck!
By moparjim on 07/24/07 20:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought used off eBay great price, sight unseen. When picked-up instrument cluster was dead - no speedo, but had cruise. Drove that way from MA to PA & commuted from PHL to BFO for month. Cluster replaced from junkyard - $35. Tot. miles unknown. I've added 50K+. Orig. from NH. Radiator disintegrated last summer. Brakelines rusted out. V-6 w/5spd = outstanding. Uses daily commute, home improvement projects, towing cars and trailers, etc. Heavy, rough use. Great ride. Rear wheelwells, bottom of doors rusting through. AC compressor replaced from eBay. Headliner has now fallen down. Get 19 mpg commuting, 21 mpg w/ popup on highway, 23 mpg w/o trailer w/ tonneau on highway.

Dodge all the way
By Lovin_chevy84 on 07/24/07 19:13 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck used with 150k miles on almost 2 years ago, I am way over 2k now and the only things that I had to replace is the fuel filter and the water pump, plus maintenance. This truck is my baby! I almost didnt get it, but boy, I'm glad I did. I have taken this girl all over the south from Tenn, to N.C to FL to Tx and she's never left me stranded, walking or mad. Best truck I've ever had and I've had plenty!

Best Truck
By travis on 06/25/07 11:41 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this as a lot leftover in 1996. It has 193 thousand miles on it. Never broke down on me. Lots of power and torque. Exterior still shines. Well worth the money. The only thing it has ever had done was oil changes and the condenser replaced, nothing else. Most miles were around town. The only thing hat I don’t like about it is fuel consumption. Interior is built to last forever. This truck will never die

Good, solid, mid-sized truck
By Fantastic Truck on 06/25/07 08:13 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

V6, Auto, Purchased with 120k miles, now just past 200k. I have performed regular maintenance. Good solid truck that I have used to tow, commute, travel, and frequently pull my buddies trucks out of the snow banks/mud. Currently on loan to my sister who has discovered that she likes driving it far more than she ever expected. It is finally starting to show rust (darn it). Replaced since purchase: pitman arm, timing chain, water pump, alternator, heater blower, radio, windshield, brakes, shocks, exhaust, all fluids, plugs, wires, coil, and window motor.

GReat truck
By dakotasport1 on 07/25/06 15:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

i've had the truck for about 5 months and I love it.. I never owned a Dodge before. Had a Geo Tracker, but I hauled 2 cars to the salvage yard and a Bronco to the mechanics shop. The v6 has the snoot I want and the power I need. I haven't gotten it stuck in mud yet, but I have pulled other people out of the mud trying to follow me. It does stink on gas mileage though. I get maybe 16mpg in the city, but I don't care. It's fun to drive the hog. If someone wants a nice powerful small pickup, I would say grab life by the horns and get a Dodge.

Love It!
By Lovin_chevy84 on 07/21/06 12:23 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

My husband bought me this truck because my Chrylser finally died. I'm not a fan of little trucks. I'm more into long cars or full sized trucks like the F-150, or a Bonneville. I wasnt that impressed by the looks, but once I got to drive it, I never want to buy another car again. I'm used to being low, but now I can see everything! Also I own horses, so now I can tow them myself instead of paying someone

Good Pickup
By Preston on 07/09/06 00:29 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought it brand new and besides a new waterpump and a radiator, it has been wonderful. I own a farm and this truck out hauls any Chevy or Ford twice its size. The 318 engine has a lot of power. This truck will really move. Keep the oil changed and this baby will purr! Dodge is all about performance.

Dodge all the way
By rob on 04/25/06 20:41 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

My dad first owned the 3.9L V6 Dakota Sport and we went on family vacations and he used it for business. My mom also drove it around to and from work (errands too) for years. The Dodge has been through a lot of travels!! It now has 205,000 miles on it and is running wonderful!! Only normal fixes had to be done. Great truck. Now I own the truck and enjoy it a lot!