Used 1995 Dodge Dakota Sport Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

cool little truck
By elrandito

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

WOW! what a cool little truck. 5.2 ltr. motor has all kinds of power. easy to drive and a whole lot of fun.Eats 5.0ltr mustangs for lunch and camaros for dinner. abs bad in snow. tends to slide a little also. Very reliable. have replaced water pump and serpantine belt. working on this truck is a breeze.no confinements. highly recommend this truck. you wont regret it.

v-8 power good looks fun to drive easy to work on

no leg room in standard cab abs system needs help

GReat truck
By dakotasport1

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

i've had the truck for about 5 months and I love it.. I never owned a Dodge before. Had a Geo Tracker, but I hauled 2 cars to the salvage yard and a Bronco to the mechanics shop. The v6 has the snoot I want and the power I need. I haven't gotten it stuck in mud yet, but I have pulled other people out of the mud trying to follow me. It does stink on gas mileage though. I get maybe 16mpg in the city, but I don't care. It's fun to drive the hog. If someone wants a nice powerful small pickup, I would say grab life by the horns and get a Dodge.

For being 2wd, I love the traction it has in the mud.

Put bucket seats into the regular cab instead of the bench seat that hurts your back after an hour of driving.

Nice Truck
By TJ Thompson

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck used with 10k on it. I've had it for 10 years and it's gotten me everywhere I've needed to go. It averages about 22MPG with the 2.5L 4 cyl and 5-speed tranny. It gets me back and forth 20 miles to work and handles what little cargo I do haul easily. It has the original clutch even after a couple of years in San Diego dealing with rush hour traffic. I had to replace the catalytic convertor at 50k, the AC compressor around 70k and the head gasket around 100k. The radio quit just recently and it needs a new headliner. Overall though it's been an efficient, reliable daily driver.

A good, cost effective vehicle.

None

95 Dodge Dakota Sport
By Wrangler Smith

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck new. 5-speed. Didn't need to do a thing to it the first 100,000. Ran nice. A/C finally went out soon after 100,000.

Good handling truck. Small, affordable, just what I could afford.

I'm 6'4" and it wasn't made for really tall people. The seat could go back a bit, but I wasn't uncomfortable.

cute but effective
By R_Erickson

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

Have the 4 cyl sport in white, sharp looker. Drive it like a truck, hard and fast for 75,000 miles. Not a high horsepower vehicle but fun to drive and never felt underpowered hauling or towing so long as you keep her in 4th.

Very responsive handling, sharp looking with the sport package, cargo bed hauls A LOT. Drive the heck out of it and she wants more.

Put the good head gasket seal in at the factory!! Mech buddy warned me about the 2.5 engine and head gasket seal & like clockwork @ 50,000 couldn't keep her cool - changed gasket before any damage, but others might not be so lucky.