1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
cool little truck
By elrandito on 05/06/10 07:05 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

WOW! what a cool little truck. 5.2 ltr. motor has all kinds of power. easy to drive and a whole lot of fun.Eats 5.0ltr mustangs for lunch and camaros for dinner. abs bad in snow. tends to slide a little also. Very reliable. have replaced water pump and serpantine belt. working on this truck is a breeze.no confinements. highly recommend this truck. you wont regret it.

Dodge all the way
By Lovin_chevy84 on 07/24/07 19:13 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck used with 150k miles on almost 2 years ago, I am way over 2k now and the only things that I had to replace is the fuel filter and the water pump, plus maintenance. This truck is my baby! I almost didnt get it, but boy, I'm glad I did. I have taken this girl all over the south from Tenn, to N.C to FL to Tx and she's never left me stranded, walking or mad. Best truck I've ever had and I've had plenty!

GReat truck
By dakotasport1 on 07/25/06 15:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

i've had the truck for about 5 months and I love it.. I never owned a Dodge before. Had a Geo Tracker, but I hauled 2 cars to the salvage yard and a Bronco to the mechanics shop. The v6 has the snoot I want and the power I need. I haven't gotten it stuck in mud yet, but I have pulled other people out of the mud trying to follow me. It does stink on gas mileage though. I get maybe 16mpg in the city, but I don't care. It's fun to drive the hog. If someone wants a nice powerful small pickup, I would say grab life by the horns and get a Dodge.

Love It!
By Lovin_chevy84 on 07/21/06 12:23 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

My husband bought me this truck because my Chrylser finally died. I'm not a fan of little trucks. I'm more into long cars or full sized trucks like the F-150, or a Bonneville. I wasnt that impressed by the looks, but once I got to drive it, I never want to buy another car again. I'm used to being low, but now I can see everything! Also I own horses, so now I can tow them myself instead of paying someone

Git er done.
By slt on 01/28/06 12:42 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I drive this truck to work every day which is over 50 miles round trip. I just love this truck. Not too big but gets the job done. I am a DIY person and is hauls everything I need. This truck has not let me down even one time. I keep the maintenance done and checked out regularly. I am a woman and this is my truck.

Nice Truck
By TJ Thompson on 06/08/05 12:50 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck used with 10k on it. I've had it for 10 years and it's gotten me everywhere I've needed to go. It averages about 22MPG with the 2.5L 4 cyl and 5-speed tranny. It gets me back and forth 20 miles to work and handles what little cargo I do haul easily. It has the original clutch even after a couple of years in San Diego dealing with rush hour traffic. I had to replace the catalytic convertor at 50k, the AC compressor around 70k and the head gasket around 100k. The radio quit just recently and it needs a new headliner. Overall though it's been an efficient, reliable daily driver.

1995 Dodge Dakota
By whitebliss1990 on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This vehicle has been good to me despite a few minor electrical problems. The drivetrain has stood up to some harsh driving, although I am usually very easy on it. This model has the 3.9L V6, which is plenty of power. There is no need for the 5.2 L unless you plan to use it as a work truck, I have towed other trucks out of ditches on muddy roads. THere have been minor oil leaks, caused by normal wear of engine seals. I would not reccomend, however, a more recent model or a different model, say a Ram. The dakota is one of the best built vehicles by dodge and one of the better trucks overall. I highly reccomend this for design and operation.

95 Dodge Dakota Sport
By Wrangler Smith on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck new. 5-speed. Didn't need to do a thing to it the first 100,000. Ran nice. A/C finally went out soon after 100,000.

cute but effective
By R_Erickson on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

Have the 4 cyl sport in white, sharp looker. Drive it like a truck, hard and fast for 75,000 miles. Not a high horsepower vehicle but fun to drive and never felt underpowered hauling or towing so long as you keep her in 4th.

The one and only
By SabreWulf on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck is built like a Dodge. Unfortunately, an Untimely demise due to a 50 mph rear-end collision did manage to bend the frame enough to make it uneconomical to repair. I never had a problem with her, and tough? try running automatic transmission fluid in a Manual,(quality mechanic service) for 950 MILES with a 2000 lb trailer. yeah, so i flushed the tranny three times afterwards and tossed in a nice Hard drive magnet to catch metal debris. Never a failure, not even a clutch change after 87,000 miles. Ran like a dream. and Powerful for a V6. I loved her to death.