Used 1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

Most Helpful|
GReat truck
By dakotasport1

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

i've had the truck for about 5 months and I love it.. I never owned a Dodge before. Had a Geo Tracker, but I hauled 2 cars to the salvage yard and a Bronco to the mechanics shop. The v6 has the snoot I want and the power I need. I haven't gotten it stuck in mud yet, but I have pulled other people out of the mud trying to follow me. It does stink on gas mileage though. I get maybe 16mpg in the city, but I don't care. It's fun to drive the hog. If someone wants a nice powerful small pickup, I would say grab life by the horns and get a Dodge.

Favorite Features

For being 2wd, I love the traction it has in the mud.

Suggested Improvements

Put bucket seats into the regular cab instead of the bench seat that hurts your back after an hour of driving.

cool little truck
By elrandito

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

WOW! what a cool little truck. 5.2 ltr. motor has all kinds of power. easy to drive and a whole lot of fun.Eats 5.0ltr mustangs for lunch and camaros for dinner. abs bad in snow. tends to slide a little also. Very reliable. have replaced water pump and serpantine belt. working on this truck is a breeze.no confinements. highly recommend this truck. you wont regret it.

Favorite Features

v-8 power good looks fun to drive easy to work on

Suggested Improvements

no leg room in standard cab abs system needs help

Dodge all the way
By Lovin_chevy84

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck used with 150k miles on almost 2 years ago, I am way over 2k now and the only things that I had to replace is the fuel filter and the water pump, plus maintenance. This truck is my baby! I almost didnt get it, but boy, I'm glad I did. I have taken this girl all over the south from Tenn, to N.C to FL to Tx and she's never left me stranded, walking or mad. Best truck I've ever had and I've had plenty!

Favorite Features

The POWER!! 5.2L V8, I can pretty much out run any other car/truck.

Suggested Improvements

The weight, it likes to get sideways in the rain.

Git er done.
By slt

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I drive this truck to work every day which is over 50 miles round trip. I just love this truck. Not too big but gets the job done. I am a DIY person and is hauls everything I need. This truck has not let me down even one time. I keep the maintenance done and checked out regularly. I am a woman and this is my truck.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Tighter turn radius

Love It!
By Lovin_chevy84

1995 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

My husband bought me this truck because my Chrylser finally died. I'm not a fan of little trucks. I'm more into long cars or full sized trucks like the F-150, or a Bonneville. I wasnt that impressed by the looks, but once I got to drive it, I never want to buy another car again. I'm used to being low, but now I can see everything! Also I own horses, so now I can tow them myself instead of paying someone

Favorite Features

The features that I love has to be the body. Straight, flat front end. It's higher up in the bed. I just love this truck

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that I would improve is the gas mileage. For being a V-8, it a gas hog.