1995 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
cool little truck
By elrandito on 05/06/10 07:05 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

WOW! what a cool little truck. 5.2 ltr. motor has all kinds of power. easy to drive and a whole lot of fun.Eats 5.0ltr mustangs for lunch and camaros for dinner. abs bad in snow. tends to slide a little also. Very reliable. have replaced water pump and serpantine belt. working on this truck is a breeze.no confinements. highly recommend this truck. you wont regret it.

GReat truck
By dakotasport1 on 07/25/06 15:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

i've had the truck for about 5 months and I love it.. I never owned a Dodge before. Had a Geo Tracker, but I hauled 2 cars to the salvage yard and a Bronco to the mechanics shop. The v6 has the snoot I want and the power I need. I haven't gotten it stuck in mud yet, but I have pulled other people out of the mud trying to follow me. It does stink on gas mileage though. I get maybe 16mpg in the city, but I don't care. It's fun to drive the hog. If someone wants a nice powerful small pickup, I would say grab life by the horns and get a Dodge.

Nice Truck
By TJ Thompson on 06/08/05 12:50 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck used with 10k on it. I've had it for 10 years and it's gotten me everywhere I've needed to go. It averages about 22MPG with the 2.5L 4 cyl and 5-speed tranny. It gets me back and forth 20 miles to work and handles what little cargo I do haul easily. It has the original clutch even after a couple of years in San Diego dealing with rush hour traffic. I had to replace the catalytic convertor at 50k, the AC compressor around 70k and the head gasket around 100k. The radio quit just recently and it needs a new headliner. Overall though it's been an efficient, reliable daily driver.

95 Dodge Dakota Sport
By Wrangler Smith on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck new. 5-speed. Didn't need to do a thing to it the first 100,000. Ran nice. A/C finally went out soon after 100,000.

cute but effective
By R_Erickson on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

Have the 4 cyl sport in white, sharp looker. Drive it like a truck, hard and fast for 75,000 miles. Not a high horsepower vehicle but fun to drive and never felt underpowered hauling or towing so long as you keep her in 4th.

The one and only
By SabreWulf on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck is built like a Dodge. Unfortunately, an Untimely demise due to a 50 mph rear-end collision did manage to bend the frame enough to make it uneconomical to repair. I never had a problem with her, and tough? try running automatic transmission fluid in a Manual,(quality mechanic service) for 950 MILES with a 2000 lb trailer. yeah, so i flushed the tranny three times afterwards and tossed in a nice Hard drive magnet to catch metal debris. Never a failure, not even a clutch change after 87,000 miles. Ran like a dream. and Powerful for a V6. I loved her to death.