1995 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
1995 Dakota SLT Automatic with OD 3.9
By stlramsfan on 11/28/12 21:19 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I got this truck about three weeks ago and I think it all ready deserve's a good review. I got this truck from a friend of my grandpa, his grandson had busted out the cab glass and passenger side window, so he decided that he would give it to me for free questioning if it still runs. It had sat for two years, so I pulled it home, hooked up a battery not expecting anything but trouble and to my surprise with two year old gas it fired right up. I've now drove it about 700 miles, and can say there are no problems with 189,000 miles on it. I can say it gets about 20 in town 25+ on the highway, I have either 323/355 gears the owners manual didn't give the exact gears but it has plenty of power.

Love This Truck
By Sailorboy3309 on 04/22/09 09:20 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I got this truck from my grandmother after my grandfather passed away. I used it for 2 years then put it in the back yard when I bought my 02 Ford Focus. I never had a problem with the truck but had constant problems with the car. I joined the navy a year ago and sold the car because I wouldn't need it. I just got back home and went to my grandmothers house and saw my old truck back there and offered to buy it again from her because it was so great. I only have to replace a battery and after all the years it hasn't been run I started it up and she runs great. I also had a flowmaster exhaust put on her and boy does she purrrr. I love this thing.

Second time around
By Superdj on 11/12/08 17:50 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this truck from a co-worker who had it brand new from the dealer. I had a 1988 LE and loved it except for the lousy leg room. With the extended cab, I am comfortable and secure in it at all times. the V6 has all the power i need and then some!

Gonna miss my Dodge
By Loved My Truck on 11/03/08 17:20 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This was a great truck. I bought it with 65,000 miles on it from a private owner here in Michigan and it may have been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Finally, at 152,000 miles, the repair to the main oil seal and other small stuff it needs are too much for the value of the truck. Time to put her out to pasture.

Great Truck!
By zclary923 on 04/05/08 03:31 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I absolutely wish I would have just fixed the minor mechanical issues on my 95 instead of trading it for my 06 which was an expensive rip off compared to my 95. My Dakota had the 3.9L v6 which is by no means a powerful motor but it ran well and it proved reliable. The exterior styling and overall build quality of the 1995 Dakota and the 1992-1996 Dakotas in general to me is better than any of the newer iterations of the Dakota. The interior was plush with options for a 1995, and it actually had a good amount of storage space in it unlike my 2006 which is probably the most useless ext cab ever built. The 1995 Dakota is a good truck, I highly recommend if you are looking for a used truck.

Great Truck!
By moparjim on 07/24/07 20:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought used off eBay great price, sight unseen. When picked-up instrument cluster was dead - no speedo, but had cruise. Drove that way from MA to PA & commuted from PHL to BFO for month. Cluster replaced from junkyard - $35. Tot. miles unknown. I've added 50K+. Orig. from NH. Radiator disintegrated last summer. Brakelines rusted out. V-6 w/5spd = outstanding. Uses daily commute, home improvement projects, towing cars and trailers, etc. Heavy, rough use. Great ride. Rear wheelwells, bottom of doors rusting through. AC compressor replaced from eBay. Headliner has now fallen down. Get 19 mpg commuting, 21 mpg w/ popup on highway, 23 mpg w/o trailer w/ tonneau on highway.

Dodge - Lives up to it's name!
By ipfreely on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Typical Chrysler product! A/C system has failed 4 times, total repair costs exceed $2500. Transmission failed twice ($3200). Radiator replaced ($300). Electrical system failures ($600). Valve lifter collapse (est $1200 to fix). Steering rack ($1100). Five sets of tires in 90K miles because the front end won't stay in line. Paint peeling off. Radio display quit at 50K. Never has seen over 14 mpg on highway. Unless it comes in on a tow truck, dealer "can't duplicate the problem".