1994 Dodge Dakota 3.9L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - a very good all around

1994 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Review

1994 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

a very good all around truck
By James Strange on

1994 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this car cheap and it's great. The interior design is good, with a large glovebox and wood panneling it's very large and comfortable. The infinity sound system is ambient with nice base for stock. The V8 is powerfull but a bit slow on the takeoff. It has a lot of pulling power for the size of the truck. The 4WD is great.It got me out of a ditch in two feet of snow.The extended cab is larger than one would expect.I've put 50,000 of it's 143,000 miles on it and I hav'nt had any engine or transmission problems with it yet.(just ware and tare stuff like hood latches and brake callipers.) One of the most comfortable and reliable cars I've ever owned for so low a price.

Favorite Features

Spacious, good looking interior with nice sound system to boot. 4WD and engine power is fantastic as well.

Suggested Improvements

The back drums are too small for the vehicle so you go through front brakes a little quickly. Gas can be a little expensive at 18 m/g highway.