best all around
By squierian on
1994 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB
This is a great truck. I've had it for almost for years, and the guy who had it before me babied it. I've had a little bit of trouble with the radiator, and have replaced at least one cv joint, but not too many more, and a wiper bushing. The air conditioner is excellent. I can push upwards of 320 miles to about 17 gallons, and have used this truck for work and play. The exterior is in agreable condtion, the only blemishes in the forms of dings and scratches. The headliner has been sagging, but I can live with that. I like it because it's in between the compact s-10's and the large f-150's.
Favorite Features
I so abuse the cruise control! The cab is huge! I can get in there and move around a 4x12 guitar amp with ease. The bench seat is great.
Suggested Improvements
I would say a slightly smaller engine... I mean, I can appreciate the power, but 3.9 liters is a bit excessive... maybe 3.2? Also, because ther is so much space in the engine compartment, it takes forever to get the heat going, but it works out well, 'cuz it doesn't overheat.