1994 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
1994 Dodge Dicota
By ahallum3 on 04/22/13 20:24 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Dakota WS 2dr Regular Cab LB

My Grandpa left me a 94 Dodge Dicota & I like it its a good runing truck & iam never going to let it go iam going to keep it for ever & ever. hope you all are happy with your truck.

Old but strong
By barobot on 02/27/12 15:49 PM (PST)

1994 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

im 15 and this truck was my first car i bought it for 1500 on 11/12 with 156000 miles and counting. it has a pretty good sized rust hole in the passenger door and is kind of loud. the gas guage doesnt work and the paint is peeling on the roof but is no prob, this truck pulls like a fullsize truck and i average about 12 mpg in the city. it is faster than anything weve owned and is more roomy than our ranger or our old s10. i wouldnt get rid of it untill i die. if you are looking for a used truck for around 2500, this is what you should get! but dont get any of the second generation ones, there junk.

It will do what a truck should
By hud on 04/27/10 18:24 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought my Dakota off a lease in 1996 with 24k and still drive it everyday (14 years, 130k). It is now pretty old but overall has held up fairly well. Many problems with drivetrain seals leaking and the ball joints only lasted to 80k. The biggest problem has been the paint, it started falling off in 2004 and now one side of the box is missing most of it's paint. Also lost paint along the roof line. Turns out this was a defect from Dodge in the primer, but they would not warranty it. The poor paint will likely be the reason I sell it in the near future, it still has a lot of miles left, but it is no longer anything to look at. No MAJOR problems, besides paint in 14 yrs of ownership.

Old reliable
By Dad on 09/08/09 19:33 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This has been a reliable truck, with no major problems. Never had any engine or transmission work. It is a good balance between a car and a full-sized truck, especially if you don't need to pull a large trailer.

Great reliable truck!
By Cormak on 05/11/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I bought my Dakota in 2002 with 40K and it has dependable since the day I purchased it. It now has 108K and I still love driving it. It's had minor repairs only in the last year or so and they have been easy and inexpensive fixes. My only complaint is the clear coat is pealing in some spots, but clear auto spray does the trick to protect the paint. Great size inside (love the back bench seat!)Great size outside, perfect for hauling my hay and grain or furniture, no blind spots like the new Dakotas, great drive, good on fuel for the size.

Yankee Plumber's 1994 Dakota Truck
By Yankee on 05/22/08 14:27 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

We purchased used in 1996 with 45,000 on it. It has been dependable and easy for the Mrs. to drive. It handles well. It has in the last two years started to peal paint. The Mrs. feels safe in this vehicle. We both like the size of the vehicle. I am not a tall man and it was "just right" to get to my tools in the back. I like the fact that I can Lock up the more expensive tools in the cab and especially that the rain can not rust the tools while inside.

Nice truck
By p_s_xpress on 06/13/05 16:23 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck because of the design and size, not too big, not too small. Has been a reliable truck, a few repairs here and there, but no major repairs other than a clockspring replacement in the steering wheel.

a very good all around truck
By James Strange on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this car cheap and it's great. The interior design is good, with a large glovebox and wood panneling it's very large and comfortable. The infinity sound system is ambient with nice base for stock. The V8 is powerfull but a bit slow on the takeoff. It has a lot of pulling power for the size of the truck. The 4WD is great.It got me out of a ditch in two feet of snow.The extended cab is larger than one would expect.I've put 50,000 of it's 143,000 miles on it and I hav'nt had any engine or transmission problems with it yet.(just ware and tare stuff like hood latches and brake callipers.) One of the most comfortable and reliable cars I've ever owned for so low a price.

Extremely reliable!
By jrwahlst on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my '94 Dakota (w/3.9L V6) with 120,000 miles on it about 3 years ago, and have had absolutely no major problems. I'm now up to 155,000 miles and still going great! I've been very pleased with how reliable this vehicle has been. I'm in Minnesota and have had it parked outside in well below zero temps and it always starts right up. I'm no great car expert, but it's been really solid for me. The paint's been fine, too, unlike some reports I've heard.

best all around
By squierian on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Dakota SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is a great truck. I've had it for almost for years, and the guy who had it before me babied it. I've had a little bit of trouble with the radiator, and have replaced at least one cv joint, but not too many more, and a wiper bushing. The air conditioner is excellent. I can push upwards of 320 miles to about 17 gallons, and have used this truck for work and play. The exterior is in agreable condtion, the only blemishes in the forms of dings and scratches. The headliner has been sagging, but I can live with that. I like it because it's in between the compact s-10's and the large f-150's.