1993 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Love It
By AjL05_06 on 09/29/08 22:14 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I fell in love with this truck when I first drove it. My dad bought it in '05 from a friend and he gave it to me in '08. Only had a few problems but those were just from constant break ins and worn cheap parts. Mine fortunately came with a 5.2L V8 but it is light in the back so all that horsepower is useless in winter. I've done just about everything with this truck from racing to towing and even further and this truck has proven itself tough even for its age. even though mine is starting to fall apart for lack of body maintenance, I'm gonna be sad when it dies or when I have to sell it. people off the street have actually offered me 15K for it but I turned them down, I'm keeping this truck

Good truck
By john on 09/04/07 18:49 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is one tough truck. 185000 miles and reliable as a new truck. The v6 can put out the power you want even at 14 years old. If you are considering buying go for it.

Best vehicle I've ever owned
By rhapsodyfreak on 06/05/07 09:58 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota S 2dr Regular Cab SB

I was a truck driver for a while in the US Marines and despite all of the Humvees and other bog trucks I drove and performed maintinance for, no vehicle has ever been as reliable to me as this vehicle. It has never let me down in the few years I've had it and believe you me has it endured many things since then, several wrecks and off-roading, and overall abuse it still runs magnificent. In spite of all of this, it is fast and comfortable. The only thing bad in my opinion is the fuel economy isn't the greatest and it contains only about a 10-12 gallon fuel tank. The stereo it comes with is loud and many other factory or stock items are very nice for such an old vehicle.

Needs some fixing
By chad on 03/08/07 12:03 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

My vehicle has many miles and has gotten me through some deep mud. I live on a farm and I always have to drive through the mud. Even though I don't have four wheel drive it manages well in the mud and snow with sand bags in the back. She runs excellent.

Excellent truck
By gitrdonedakota on 02/16/07 19:40 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought a '93 Dakota in '03 as my first vehicle. I used to love Chevy trucks but now I love Dodge. Being in college my money is a little tight, and with this truck no money goes into repairs. The 3.9 V6 is tough and very reliable. I have towed many of my buddies when they have broken down. Despite my truck being a 2WD it still performs well off road. I spend a lot of time hunting and fishing. I put this truck in bad situations and she still pulls out. I could not be happier with this truck!

Best Truck
By Chub Walters on 01/03/07 14:59 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Truck could haul a 2 bedroom apartment from Austin, TX to Waterloo, IA. Very dependable. Nothing major breaks down.

Hard Worker
By donny on 11/17/06 19:49 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

i traded my 1990 3500 service truck for this 1993 Dodge Dakota and it is one of the best trucks I've driven. It handles great, but needs some work like a new fuil pump. I've pulled over 25,000lbs with it and it worked it but it won't stop running. I love it

Tough Tittle Dodge
By tarfee on 08/16/06 19:55 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota LE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck is just the right size for me. I drive my full size truck very little now. The Dakota is comfortable and drives well. It has a real seat in the extended cab a real plus to other smaller trucks. The body is rock solid and tough. Keep the touch up paint handy however or the paint will fly off. I have had no mechanical problems. The transmission is like most Dodges, it shifts down very often even will just a light load. One of my favorite trucks to own.

Great Old Truck
By FourDakotas on 03/14/06 18:24 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased it with 165K miles two years ago. Truck had been neglected and vandalized prior, but has never failed us in 14K miles. 3.9 L still uses no oil, drives fine, just a great, dependable truck. It has lived a hard life before I bought it, and has some rust. But here in Michigan, most of the '93 S-10s and Rangers are rusted away, and the '93 Japanese pickups were rusted away and worn out years ago. Where does JD Power get these "2 of 5" mechanical ratings? These trucks are bulletproof--at least all four of mine have been. One more reason to Buy American--or at least try something other than GM junk before you send your hard earned GDP to Asia.

The most reliable truck
By 340cuda on 07/08/05 11:55 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

Solid, no hassle truck, and it still gets 18 MPG with 151k+ miles. Rock soild, super reliable, mid sized truck. To give an idea of how reliable it is, I've owned it since it was new, and the first repair was at 90,000 miles (serpentine belt broke) I get 50-60k miles out of front brakes, and changed the rear at 125k. Total mechanical repairs over 12 years, radiator, thermostat, wheel cylinders, and one caliper. Still driven daily