1993 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
stick with ford or toyota
By theduke on 05/11/10 18:11 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

that was the worst 1000$ ive ever spent. this is the worst driving truck ive ever owned. it skips in reverse or 4L. it seems to be one problem after another, and i plan to sale this truck and get a 90's model F150 or a '86-89 toyota 4x4. i will never buy another dodge.

The best purchase I've ever made
By jp on 05/19/09 11:52 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

By far, very little will compare with my truck. Its got 177,000 of hard miles and its still going strong. Brakes last forever, same clutch. Other than a water pump, radiator and a belt, it all still original. Ironically, the biggest flaw I found with the truck is the gas gauge went at 95,000 miles and I have to use the trip odometer to know when to get gas (the gas light still works).

best dakota ever
By mopar512 on 05/03/09 21:24 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab LE 2dr Regular Cab SB

My dad got the truck with 300 miles in 92, he gave it to me in 08, great truck, awesome to drive, its smooth n its a v8 and it's a Dodge it cant get any better than that, I got a dual exhaust, with a cherry bomb extreme sounds awesome

Old Faithful
By Dave on 03/04/09 10:39 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab LE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I purchased this truck in march of 08. Its the best $900 ive ever spent. The 318 gives you power on demand but does get about 12-14 mph. The 4x4 gets you anywhere and out of anything. Interior styling does show it age but ive seen alot worse. Im six foot tall and having a regular cab does cramp me against the steering wheel. Having the tilt wheel option does offer some additional leg room. Exterior design is good. Typical truck style for the mid 90's. The ride quality is great. Very smooth over speed bumps and rail road tracks. This truck will make the ford 150 guys jealous.

Best vehicle I've ever owned
By rhapsodyfreak on 06/05/07 09:58 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab S 2dr Regular Cab SB

I was a truck driver for a while in the US Marines and despite all of the Humvees and other bog trucks I drove and performed maintinance for, no vehicle has ever been as reliable to me as this vehicle. It has never let me down in the few years I've had it and believe you me has it endured many things since then, several wrecks and off-roading, and overall abuse it still runs magnificent. In spite of all of this, it is fast and comfortable. The only thing bad in my opinion is the fuel economy isn't the greatest and it contains only about a 10-12 gallon fuel tank. The stereo it comes with is loud and many other factory or stock items are very nice for such an old vehicle.

Needs some fixing
By chad on 03/08/07 12:03 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

My vehicle has many miles and has gotten me through some deep mud. I live on a farm and I always have to drive through the mud. Even though I don't have four wheel drive it manages well in the mud and snow with sand bags in the back. She runs excellent.

Best Truck
By Chub Walters on 01/03/07 14:59 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab LE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Truck could haul a 2 bedroom apartment from Austin, TX to Waterloo, IA. Very dependable. Nothing major breaks down.

The most reliable truck
By 340cuda on 07/08/05 11:55 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

Solid, no hassle truck, and it still gets 18 MPG with 151k+ miles. Rock soild, super reliable, mid sized truck. To give an idea of how reliable it is, I've owned it since it was new, and the first repair was at 90,000 miles (serpentine belt broke) I get 50-60k miles out of front brakes, and changed the rear at 125k. Total mechanical repairs over 12 years, radiator, thermostat, wheel cylinders, and one caliper. Still driven daily

Midsize Truck......Large Size Usefulness
By Harold Turner on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab LE 2dr Regular Cab LB

This vehicle used by me and family members as a 'nice' work truck. Bed is large enough for all our needs, including carrying a 42" riding mower. Paint still shiny after 10 years. Love the pep of the V8...dislike the gas mileage! Can't have it all! Trim and power functions make it a comfortable, if rougher, ride than desired. The truck has done its job and more.

Ups and downs
By idahoguy on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab LE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

The place we got it from was a rip off joint.We had to get the transfer case rebult twice and it had bad motor mounts.The exhuast crapped out about about a year and so on...........